Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

OK, here it goes: Scott McTominay.

Now hang on. I know. I know. But think about it a bit.

Not that I’m saying that I want him, but he is the sort of player that Unai Emery works with and makes them one of the best players in that position in their respective league. I’d guarantee that if we signed him, within 12 months United fans would be looking on asking where was this player when he played for them?

• Like 2

In an odd way I’m disinterested in the coming transfer window as I assume whoever we buy will be chosen by emery for a reason and will improve under emery regardless. More than ever that I can remember it is about the tactics, coaching and in game management more than the specific players

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

If we finish this season with gusto, and it's looking likely, we should be able to attract elite caliber players. It will be sad to see some of our stalwarts replaced in the starting 11, but it has to happen for us to keep progressing. This will be an incredibly exciting summer.

My young boy asked me last night who would Guendouzi replace on the team.  I said its not a matter of replacing anyone.  Players will get rested for a game or 2 to rejuvenate them.  Especially if we get into Europe.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would love us to go and get Felix for a good price.

Can’t imagine the situation changing in the summer to what happened in Jan.  Emery said it’s not something we can do money wise (not just fee but wages) plus he only wants CL.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t imagine the situation changing in the summer to what happened in Jan.  Emery said it’s not something we can do money wise (not just fee but wages) plus he only wants CL.

Not likely he’ll be getting that at Chelsea then, unless they win it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There was this bloke called Fabian Delph……..

Probably didn't grow up dreaming of more than anything in the world to play for Villa :D 

6 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Not that I’m saying that I want him, but he is the sort of player that Unai Emery works with and makes them one of the best players in that position in their respective league. I’d guarantee that if we signed him, within 12 months United fans would be looking on asking where was this player when he played for them?

I guess I also think about a McGinn McTom team. 

McTominay isn't a bad player, the kind of unglam midfielder that Man United seemed to have had a few of over the years that do well for them, especially in Ferguson era, whether at Man Utd or elsehwere, will probably play most of his career in the top flight.

But I don't think he would be a good signing for us, and am not sure would really suit Emery system, as wouldn't really suit the positons that Luiz and Kamara play, nor would he suit the roles that we have Ramsey and McGinn playing either, plus whilst those kind of players sometimes do well at United, they also often seem to suddenly lose form big time when they leave.

Guendouzi would make so much more sense, as can play in both the holding midfield positions as well as the roles we have McGinn and Ramsey playing.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

McTominay isn't a bad player, the kind of unglam midfielder that Man United seemed to have had a few of over the years that do well for them, especially in Ferguson era, whether at Man Utd or elsehwere, will probably play most of his career in the top flight.

But I don't think he would be a good signing for us, and am not sure would really suit Emery system, as wouldn't really suit the positons that Luiz and Kamara play, nor would he suit the roles that we have Ramsey and McGinn playing either, plus whilst those kind of players sometimes do well at United, they also often seem to suddenly lose form big time when they leave.

Guendouzi would make so much more sense, as can play in both the holding midfield positions as well as the roles we have McGinn and Ramsey playing.

I feel like you do. Guendouzi puts pressure on all of our midfielders to fight for their place. McTominay though. We already have that type in Dendocker. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I feel like you do. Guendouzi puts pressure on all of our midfielders to fight for their place. McTominay though. We already have that type in Dendocker. 

I think Emery may not want Dendonker, he has played Chambers instead of him a couple of times recently.