Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I hope we only bought a handheld one, as there isn't a great deal of quality up there. 

Time will tell. There hasn't been a lot of late, but that could change and even in a comparatively poor Scotland team, there has still been a couple of very decent players come through over recent years. 

Whip out the check books NSWE - we're going to need a bigger squad for Europe and the quality to push on 👀😎

But exciting times for us in the next few windows - they should do everything they can to back a proper manager like Emery and build the structure the club needs for the future! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

🤮😒

Bang Average and belongs at a bottom half club like a Nottingham Forest or Bournemouth. 

This... and will demand a 50 million pound transfer fee with 150k/week in wages because of the United tax.

Emery talking about Felix in the pre match conference was interesting. Seems it was genuine but he wanted to continue playing in CL.

Now if we get europe and Chelsea don't it will be interesting.

He played well today despite all their issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

If we finish this season with gusto, and it's looking likely, we should be able to attract elite caliber players. It will be sad to see some of our stalwarts replaced in the starting 11, but it has to happen for us to keep progressing. This will be an incredibly exciting summer.

I think Unai alone will actually do this for us, football players are sensible and can see a good manager going forward

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Brennan Johnson is looking like he is going to be a really good Prem player. If they did go down i would not be against spending a decent whack on him. He is always making things happen. Could play the Bailey role . 

Would cost too much

11 hours ago, KMitch said:

This... and will demand a 50 million pound transfer fee with 150k/week in wages because of the United tax.

There are loads of players out there, better than McTominay and at vastly better value than, as you rightly say, he would cost us from Man U. The fact that he’s a massive 🛎 end too doesn’t make him an anymore attractive signing. In the headlines now because he scored 2 for Scotland. Not for me. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Unai alone will actually do this for us, football players are sensible and can see a good manager going forward

Whilst I agree, most footballers know a good manager when they see one, I’m sure you will allow me a raising of the eyebrows at this part of your comment. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Oihan Sancet has apparently signed a new contract with Bilbao so seem unlikely we will sign him this summer.

9-year deal too. Probably won’t be getting him out of that club for a while.

Wonder if they’ll try to do something similar with Nico Williams.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

9-year deal too. Probably won’t be getting him out of that club for a while.

Wonder if they’ll try to do something similar with Nico Williams.

Sure they will. Hopefully he's more up for a move abroad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Oihan Sancet has apparently signed a new contract with Bilbao so seem unlikely we will sign him this summer.

Bilbao pay big money too so impossible to move players

• Like 1