Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

16 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If we do sneak into Europe I think Mount would be an excellent signing and could definitely see it happening. 

Would love to see things come full circle when Mount starts the season for us on fire whilst Grealish is on the bench for City and Villa fans absolutely slate Southgate for going with Grealish ahead of Mount. We truly would be in the multiverse

Mount will think himself above us, especially if Liverpool links are true, he'll end up at Newcastle, Liverpool or Spurs.  Grealish has actually played a fair few games this season, he has more minutes than Mahrez and Foden in the PL this season.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think the odd Chelsea player like Mount or Gallagher, could be a prudent move....because under UE, you would see a better version.

Mate! Mount being a prudent move? No way he comes here, he’ll think he’s way better than us.

• Like 2

Chelsea just have to move some players on. Depends on our outgoings but I think there's some very good options there.

Chalobah, Cucurella, Broja or David Fofana could be very smart pick-ups if they're desperate to shift them.

Don't think we could make the money work, but some rumours Sancho could be available as well. Sancho with some clear instructions and back out of the limelight a bit would be incredible IMO.

Edited by Tomaszk

Aston Villa have joined the fight for Brazilian starlet Vitor Roque, according to local reports.

Outlet Globo Esporte today features a story where they reveal that the 18-year-old’s entourage has been in Europe speaking to several clubs.

There’s been a stop in England to meet representatives from Premier League sides, and Aston Villa are one of those who spoke to them.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-join-competition-brazilian-starlet-club-recently-held-meeting-entourage/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Chelsea just have to move some players on. Depends on our outgoings but I think there's some very good options there.

Chalobah, Cucurella, Broja or David Fofana could be very smart pick-ups if they're desperate to shift them.

Don't think we could make the money work, but some rumours Sancho could be available as well. Sancho with some clear instructions and back out of the limelight a bit would be incredible IMO.

I’d prefer not helping Chelsea in all honesty, even if it means missing out on some potentially good players. 

• Like 1

I’d like us to have a look at Lois Openda at Lens, battering ram of a forward. Still very raw but 15 goals in 29 games so far this season. 

And whilst we’re at it Karim Konate at Salzburg too please. 

Edited by burchy

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

hmmm why would we wanna sign bottom half players. We're above them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think the only one there I’d take is Fofana as I think he’s a top top talent and I was disappointed he went to Chelsea.

Never been convinced by Broja and Cucurella is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I think the only one there I’d take is Fofana as I think he’s a top top talent and I was disappointed he went to Chelsea.

Never been convinced by Broja and Cucurella is a disaster waiting to happen. 

If they offered us Cucurella for free and paid all his wages, we would still be getting ripped off

the Harry Maguire of full backs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Holy crap! He one of the biggest wonderkids in World Footy. Are the sportwitness a good source? 

Nah but apparently the source sport witness have taken the story from are top tier in Brazil.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Holy crap! He one of the biggest wonderkids in World Footy. Are the sportwitness a good source? 

Would be surprised if we signed him. Didn’t we just sign a similar aged Colombian striker?

• Like 1

Vitor Roque would be a massive sign of intent by the club to not only provide world class young talent to the club, but would show they are ready to rejoin the elite in the transfer market.

Julian Alvarez all over again. Maybe they can identify the talent before the top 6/galacticos clubs make a serious offer and snag him this time.

35 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Vitor Roque would be a massive sign of intent by the club to not only provide world class young talent to the club, but would show they are ready to rejoin the elite in the transfer market.

Julian Alvarez all over again. Maybe they can identify the talent before the top 6/galacticos clubs make a serious offer and snag him this time.

...and like Alvarez, we won't be able to sign him either.  He's the biggest prospect in South America and was just capped by the Brazilian senior squad.  Why would he go to Villa for 40k/week when a Champions League club will be in for him and will pay him 100k+/week before he even kicks a ball in anger?  It'll be the same situation as Alvarez...  We'll inquire and make a pitch, but he'll politely turn us down and wait for more money/prestige from someone else.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1