Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Well one good thing about this summer transfer window, even if we end up with no one, at least we know the current players are capable of coming together and putting in results that only Arsenal and Manchester City can better. Means we can all relax and no panic.

Only positions we 100 % need are

Right back, Ash isn't getting any younger and cash has the odd injury and loss of form.

Reserve keeper, olsen is not good enough full stop.

Striker

Watkins, Duran and archer are what we have, we need 1 more.

Wide player

Either on the left or right, we need a powerful fast wide player to replace Bailey in the starting line up.

Midfielder 

We need a ball playing tackler to go with luiz and kamara

Someone else mentioned already, not overly bothered now about names, just players that emery 100% trusts and who does what the manager wants.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Right back, Ash isn't getting any younger and cash has the odd injury and loss of form.

Reserve keeper, olsen is not good enough full stop.

Striker

Watkins, Duran and archer are what we have, we need 1 more.

Wide player

Either on the left or right, we need a powerful fast wide player to replace Bailey in the starting line up.

Midfielder 

We need a ball playing tackler to go with luiz and kamara

Someone else mentioned already, not overly bothered now about names, just players that emery 100% trusts and who does what the manager wants.

Yeah, we need someone to play up with Watkins or on his own up top like Watkins does now. 

We need another CM, Guendouzi seems perfect as he can play CM or LM/RM like McGinn. 

We need a wide player, who can play up top or wide midfield like Bailey. 

We need RB/RCB, to compete with Cash but offer something different, a taller player who is very skilled at passing.

That's the 4 we need and Chambers and Traore from current squad leaving. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, we need someone to play up with Watkins or on his own up top like Watkins does now. 

We need another CM, Guendouzi seems perfect as he can play CM or LM/RM like McGinn. 

We need a wide player, who can play up top or wide midfield like Bailey. 

We need RB/RCB, to compete with Cash but offer something different, a taller player who is very skilled at passing.

That's the 4 we need and Chambers and Traore from current squad leaving. 

Not sure Chambers will leave, unless he asks to leave for first team football.  He's a good utility player, can cover CB, RB and DM. Handy to have a player like that, Emery seems to bring him on most games.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 3

I wonder if there will be a surprise exit!

We've all talked about positions needed to come in, the fringe that we think will leave or should leave…there was talk Emi might leave but that seemed to have been squashed now with recent comments although could still happen.

Just for fun to change the topic, any thoughts, wild links, “wouldn’t surprise me” type feeling on a surprise regular leaving aside from Martinez?

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We've all talked about positions needed to come in, the fringe that we think will leave or should leave…there was talk Emi might leave but that seemed to have been squashed now with recent comments although could still happen.

Just for fun to change the topic, any thoughts, wild links, “wouldn’t surprise me” type feeling on a surprise regular leaving aside from Martinez?

Based on nothing at all, will be interesting to see who Spurs go for if Kane leaves.  They might be interested in Watkins.

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure Chambers will leave, unless he asks to leave for first team football.  He's a good utility player, can cover CB, RB and DM. Handy to have a player like that, Emery seems to bring him on most games.

My thinking is that we have Carlos fit again, plus we sign a RCB/RB who can also play at CB. Also if we sign another CM like Guendouzi it really limits what use Chambers will be in the squad. Plus the player will likely want to move to get regular football, he's 28 and good enough to start regularly in the Prem for a bottom half side

38 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So you're saying the only positions we need are a defender, a keeper, a midfielder, a winger and a striker. So basically we need someone for every position on the pitch...I agree. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Based on nothing at all, will be interesting to see who Spurs go for if Kane leaves.  They might be interested in Watkins.

Interesting!  Yeah, also Man U need a central striker as well.

With Liverpool needing quite a few midfielders would they look at Dougie or Kamara…

There was interest in Cash from A.Madrid before would others be interested now…

Hmmm….

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

With Liverpool needing quite a few midfielders would they look at Dougie or Kamara…

Hmmm….

We could be in a for a busy summer. 

I'm sure the media will be doing the very best to try and sell our players, Watkins, Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey anyone playing well under Emery will probably be all subject to media speculation.

I'd sell Dendoncker, Chambers, Traore, Sanson, Keinan, Olson

Promote Tim to Dendoncker's spot.

Buy new 4th choice CB must be young and highly rated ideally can play CDM aswell. (Bamba from Vitória, is he good enough?) 

very quick wide player/2nd striker  

RB to challenge Cash if Ash isn't being renewed. 

CM to challenge Mcginn and Jacob. (Guendouzi?) 

Second keeper prolly someone Unai knows from La Liga.

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I'd sell Dendoncker, Chambers, Traore, Sanson, Keinan, Olson

Promote Tim to Dendoncker's spot.

Buy new 4th choice CB must be young and highly rated ideally can play CDM aswell. (Bamba from Vitória, is he good enough?) 

very quick wide player/2nd striker  

RB to challenge Cash if Ash isn't being renewed. 

CM to challenge Mcginn and Jacob. (Guendouzi?) 

Second keeper prolly someone Unai knows from La Liga.

Linked with Anel Ahmedhodzic of Sheff Utd.  Should be quite well known to Football Manager connoisseurs. 

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

So you're saying the only positions we need are a defender, a keeper, a midfielder, a winger and a striker. So basically we need someone for every position on the pitch...I agree. 

Not every position, every department.

We don't need to buy in loads of players, the first 11 and a few others are 100% aligned to emerys ways, the ones who aren't need to be moved on and quality replacements signed.

Most transfer windows its the names that excite, for me it will be different this next window, I have more trust in emery getting perfect for us players rather than just big names.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Cash i think could be a suprise sale

Not sure would be  a suprise as such but i think we might get rid of bailey too

• Like 1

If we do sneak into Europe I think Mount would be an excellent signing and could definitely see it happening. 

Would love to see things come full circle when Mount starts the season for us on fire whilst Grealish is on the bench for City and Villa fans absolutely slate Southgate for going with Grealish ahead of Mount. We truly would be in the multiverse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Hmmm….

If we keep up this form Nick, most of our players, even the manager,  will be looked at by clubs operating below par, like Chelsea and Liverpool.

Its up to us to rebuke those advances, and rebuild ourselves.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If we do sneak into Europe I think Mount would be an excellent signing and could definitely see it happening. 

Would love to see things come full circle when Mount starts the season for us on fire whilst Grealish is on the bench for City and Villa fans absolutely slate Southgate for going with Grealish ahead of Mount. We truly would be in the multiverse

I think the odd Chelsea player like Mount or Gallagher, could be a prudent move....because under UE, you would see a better version.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1