Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sure I can handle 4 pages of people arguing about whether Mbappe would be a good signing. But I suppose I’ll have no choice.

Oh the trials and tribulations!

I'll give you a quick summary of what's to come.

'Impossible it'll never happen!'

'Why is it impossible, just because you said so!?'

'He's a greedy punk who is too full of himself! We should stay well away.'

'Can't afford him, because of FFP.'

'Of course we can afford him got 2 billionaires!'

'He's shite!'

'He is the best player ever and Emery can make him even better!'

'But is he as good as Jordan Bowery?'

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

PSG making Mbappe available. They'll want 125m for him. The question is, who will pay it? Who can? Maybe Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs if they sell Kane. 

Or maybe...Aston Villa?

He's played for Emery, played with Kamara and Digne and possibly Diaby. Can you imagine?

Why not? 

I would back UE to make a proper player out of him....;) La bronca de Unai Emery a Kylian Mbappé por su 'traición' al Real Madrid

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

I slate people on here for making statements that are opinions, so excuse the hypocrisy when I say there is no way Mbappe is coming to Villa!

😉

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

PSG making Mbappe available. They'll want 125m for him. The question is, who will pay it? Who can? Maybe Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs if they sell Kane. 

Or maybe...Aston Villa?

He's played for Emery, played with Kamara and Digne and possibly Diaby. Can you imagine?

Spurs? Levy offering Oliver Skipp and a Mars Bar….

You just know that Man City will sign him even though don’t need him and close to completing that £100m deal for that defender.  What’s a few extra charges for them breaking FFP when they can have Mbappe and Haaland in the same team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Backup gk: Claudio Bravo

Pros:

1. Experience at the highest level for not much money

2. Would get some game time in fa cup, league cup and conference

3. Great leader / mentor for our army of young gks, which it sounds like we have enough of to fill the north stand expansion on their own

4. Gets free bus tickets on a pensioner's pass so we can save on travel expenses 

Cons:

1. Gets free bus tickets on a pensioner's pass so we can save on travel expenses

2. It's Friday night and I've been drinking and I just thought about it while taking a piss, but in retrospect this is when I typically make poor decisions

3. Why do auto-feeding paper towel machines always give you too little paper to dry your hands? Not related to our backup gk problem but very relevant to my current situation 

He was also poor the last time he played in England

26 minutes ago, macandally said:

I slate people on here for making statements that are opinions, so excuse the hypocrisy when I say there is no way Mbappe is coming to Villa!

Thats not an opinion its a fact

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Oh the trials and tribulations!

I'll give you a quick summary of what's to come.

'Impossible it'll never happen!'

'Why is it impossible, just because you said so!?'

'He's a greedy punk who is too full of himself! We should stay well away.'

'Can't afford him, because of FFP.'

'Of course we can afford him got 2 billionaires!'

'He's shite!'

'He is the best player ever and Emery can make him even better!'

'But is he as good as Jordan Bowery?'

You forgot Januzaj - but otherwise a decent list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any predictions on next signing? We’re getting closer to the start of the season now and we probably need at least 2 more players (Forward and reserve GK).

Id like to see some movement this week. Personally feel like we’ll bring Doku in or at least look to. 

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Id look to Sell Dendoncker(29)and buy Wilf Ndidi(26) of Leicester on the cheap and try get him back to pre relegation form. 

I get it but we're oversubscribed in that position and not better than what we've got. Other areas way bigger priority for further signings

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any predictions on next signing? We’re getting closer to the start of the season now and we probably need at least 2 more players (Forward and reserve GK).

Id like to see some movement this week. Personally feel like we’ll bring Doku in or at least look to. 

I dont think we need a forward as I a striker but I'd like a new number 10 and a young high potential RB

18 hours ago, Rolta said:

I'm jumping in here and it's probably already been said but one of these guys is a striker and the other one an attacking midfielder. I also think Simeone plays the most dire football imaginable, and Felix just isn't suited to playing such boring awful negative football. Living in Madrid I tried to get interested in them, nostalgic a bit because of our epic Uefa Cup tie back in the day, but my word they are hard to watch. I wasted my money a couple of times, but never again. 

I accept your point.....but I'm not sure it changes my opinion of him.

If there is this huge void in what the player and the club have in style, surely in this world of forensic due dilligence and the huge sum in transfer fee, this would have been exposed before Felix made the move.

I think his undoubted talent, hides a bigger issue.....but thats my sceptical thinking.

Anyway, I don't envisage him coming to us, for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

I accept your point.....but I'm not sure it changes my opinion of him.

If there is this huge void in what the player and the club have in style, surely in this world of forensic due dilligence and the huge sum in transfer fee, this would have been exposed before Felix made the move.

I think his undoubted talent, hides a bigger issue.....but thats my sceptical thinking.

Anyway, I don't envisage him coming to us, for a variety of reasons.

More surface than depth. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I bet Diaby googled Aston Villa and thought, "wow, this team actually invented competitive football" . The history alone is enough to seduce. 

Invented the bicycle kick too!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I get it but we're oversubscribed in that position and not better than what we've got. Other areas way bigger priority for further signings

Yes. While there are players that will eventually need upgrading, with 3 in already and assuming a couple more to come, we need to keep a level of continuity to build on last season. That was a tight knit and strongly performing group that we need to enhance, not overhaul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1