Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Emery doing a great job to lower expectations on this young player.  Imagine if he said he was replacing Ings, he'd be getting booed after 10 minutes of not scoring.  At least we'll give him a couple of games now 🤣

5 hours ago, Adman said:

Emery doing a great job to lower expectations on this young player.  Imagine if he said he was replacing Ings, he'd be getting booed after 10 minutes of not scoring.  At least we'll give him a couple of games now 🤣

Ings going was the right decision, for me. Yes, he scored a few, but he missed a pile of sitters that probably cost us a few games. Bring on the kid, I say.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Either way it's exciting. You want to see young players who may or may not be ready. You want to see them forge careers for themselves, develop, improve, do things against the norm.

You'd don't want to see 30 year old footballers on the slide do a job.

Exactly. Give me an exciting gamble and finishing 12th (but also maybe being amazing) over playing it safer and finishing 9th. If we signed Dembele, I know he’d be… ok… I guess…  he’d do fine. I know Ings is good for 10-12 goals per season. But MAYBE (probably not but MAYBE) this lad will come in and be amazing. That’s the fun.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Either way it's exciting. You want to see young players who may or may not be ready. You want to see them forge careers for themselves, develop, improve, do things against the norm.

You'd don't want to see 30 year old footballers on the slide do a job.

This is such a good point. Had Ings stayed and came on every game to not do much there would be fans moaning that Duran isn’t given a chance.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I know Don Unai is tempering expectations but I’m fully in the belief that Duran will is going to be a hit. Teething issues of course but there’s something about him that gives me the fizz.

I think he'll be fine on the physical side in the PL, which should give him a bit of a head start to work on the technical side of his game.

Watkins is a great role model for him. He's made himself a PL player with not much more than hard work.

Duran could end up being better, but if he can match Ollie's off the ball work, he'll be massively useful for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Seems like as all action type of player who loves to get involved in the game. Crazy he can pull of this type of performance at 18 years of age. Lets not forget he's younger than Carney, Barry, Tim, Kesler, Aaron Ramsey, 

Insane talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7RXx089_UE

Interesting, Durán seems like Watkins. Works hard, quick and strong too.

Two great goals from Durán there; first one under pressure and the second was a great quality finish.

• Like 1

He’s got some crazy pace and power but I can see him really struggling with the physical side of this league early days. It’s a real massive step up for him. The potential is clearly there though. 

His pace and power reminds me a bit of Nunez.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ings going was the right decision, for me. Yes, he scored a few, but he missed a pile of sitters that probably cost us a few games. Bring on the kid, I say.

Watkins misses exponentially more sitters than Ings. His chance conversion ratio is through the floor.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You reckon? Tammy more of a box player.

Im thinking more of the Tammy we had in the championship, when he would come deep using his strength and good feet to help build attacks.

Similar frame too.

You are right though, hed normally be in the box at the end.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That's fair. I just wish he was a good finisher 😭

I was just trying to compare Watkins and Ings and their Aston Villa goalscoring records...

Watkins 32 goals 11 assists 98 games

Ings 14 goals 8 assists 52 games

However, looking at their all-round game, I'd still rather Watkins, his speed, energy, tenacity, strength is greater. 

Durán seems also very much in this mould of player, similar to Watkins.

3 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Seems like as all action type of player who loves to get involved in the game. Crazy he can pull of this type of performance at 18 years of age. Lets not forget he's younger than Carney, Barry, Tim, Kesler, Aaron Ramsey, 

Insane talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7RXx089_UE

Looks very raw still. Also looks like his weaker foot (right) is pretty decent. Seems like is is cool under pressure also. This first touch can be a bit heavy though.

Â