Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I know he's young, but it's a big fee, we're short on forward options and most likely have nothing much to play for other than pride and midtable places this season - maybe we're looking at letting him settle in this season with a few appearances here and there and see if he's got what's needed to compete for starts next year. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I know 8 goals in 27 games in the MLS doesn't sound great. But it's 8 goals and 5 assists in 1374 minutes. 13 sub appearances. So he's basically bagging a goal or assist every 105 mins. 

Fans assume because it’s the MLS they should score loads of goals. You have to remember most of the other players they play with will be league one/bottom half of the Championship players at best. Almiron’s best season in the MLS was 12 goals in 32 games and had far more experience than this kid. 

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fans assume because it’s the MLS they should score loads of goals. You have to remember most of the other players they play with will be league one/bottom half of the Championship players at best. Almiron’s best season in the MLS was 12 goals in 32 games and had far more experience than this kid. 

Yeah almiron was 23. This kid turned 19 in December. Like he's done almost all of it as an 18 year old. 

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Welcome to the Club! @nick76won't be happy.

Well it’ll be interesting to see what we do with him, the guy on sky thinks we’ll send him out on loan straight away and he’s watched him a lot.  If that’s the case then he’s not ready for our first team squad.  Can’t argue that some of his video clips he looked poor and some he looked great but at 19 you expect that.  Seems he’s one for the future and not now.  Now he’s with us, I hope he’s the new Benteke in a few years time.  Just interested now if we keep him around or send him out on loan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Think the club read his age wrong, we only sign 29-year-olds 😉 

We were Notorious for it.

But now we are more known for signing Wild Boys.

• Like 1

Â