Pre Match Thread

rjw63

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Mcginn is going nowhere quick. Better than anyone that took the field vs Stevenage. One of few players in the squad with some bottle. Emery not going to let that go

The qualities McGinn possesses are not ones to be taken for granted, hence, every manager he has played under at Villa has constantly picked him. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seems pretty clear by now Emery won't start Watkins and Ings together

I think this is a game where Ings would get clear cut chances so would rather have him on the pitch for as long as possible.

Leeds struggled v two out and out strikers at Cardiff for most of the game .

I confess, a bit of me really wants to see Emery park it just to witness Jesse blow a head gasket. Whinger. Keep my club out of your **** mouth.

""Villa slows the game down, they're one or two opponents we've had that want at every moment, throw the ball, take a minute in every goal kick and so we need some help to manage this. Our fans don't come here to watch a snail-pace match."  

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Really hope there’s no hangover from our last game?  Need to get into the faces of Leeds and earn the right to play our own game.  Standing off them like we did against Wolves first half will be suicide.  I’m confident though that we’ll put in a full blooded performance and get the win we need.

Squad options are a little limited here.  I’ve put Ings in because he’s still our best finisher and Bailey can’t hit a barn door right now.  I’d rather see Bailey come off the bench for the next couple of games and see if he can regain some confidence playing against a tired defence?   If Moreno is ready and Emery believes it, I’d be more than happy for him to make his debut in place of Digne or Buendia.

Martinez

Young        Konsa             Mings         Digne

Kamara         Luiz

Ramsey                           Buendia

Ings         Watkins

Can see goals in this one.  A 3-2 win in what could be another mad evening under the lights against dirty Leeds.   UTV

I think this should be the lineup too. Surely Bailey gets some time on the bench to see he can impact the game later on and build some confidence.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I confess, a bit of me really wants to see Emery park it just to witness Jesse blow a head gasket. Whinger. Keep my club out of your **** mouth.

giphy.gif

To be fair to him he was right about how we approached that game. It wernt pretty at all. Was effective though and we should have win really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I think this should be the lineup too. Surely Bailey gets some time on the bench to see he can impact the game later on and build some confidence.

I think he does need dropping, he's really out of form.

We don't have much in terms of a replacement though, we really are lacking squad depth up front. 

It's a pity McGinn is out, him and Ramsey could have occupied the wide positions, and play Buendia as the withdrawn forward.

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I'm afraid that, short of starting Kaden Young, we have literally no option to occupy the wide role in Emery's system than to play Bailey. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I'm afraid that, short of starting Kaden Young, we have literally no option to occupy the wide role in Emery's system than to play Bailey. 

Kadan Young couldn't do any worse than Bailey at the minute.

• Like 1

I would go with this (but I know Digne will start) 

Martinez 

Young      Konsa     Mings   Moreno

Luiz         Kamara

Sanson                   Ramsey

Buendia

Watkins 

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t really hate them. My best mates a Leeds fan. I just wanted to contribute to the thread.

I live in Leeds and I have friends who support them. I hate them. Not the friends, not the city, just the football club. 

• Like 3

Bailey has to be benched. Buendia has looked really poor lately too, much to my shock.

Coutinho might have earned a start as the best of an out of form bunch, but then even he had looked poor. 

Not sure who I'd play off Ings, but I'd start with him as our only competent goal that. Then maybe Watkins or Buendia to run the Leeds defence tired. Its a sad state of affairs up top for us at the moment. 

In midfield Luiz and Kamara pick themselves. 

The wide positions are up for debate, but we are fairly short on options if Moreno isn't eligible. 

Sanson and Ramsey would be my picks, 

Young and Moreno fullbacks, digne if moreno isn't eligible.

I think ... 🤨

Edited by MrBlack

It's a difficult choice up front - Watkins isn't scoring and is getting some criticism, Ings is a little limited in terms of his movement and was dreadful against Stevenage, Bailey is lively but has absolutely no end product at the moment.

I think Watkins is a definite and with Emery preferring strikers who can move out wide and around the pitch, I think we'll see Bailey over Ings.

Any ideas when we'll find out if Moreno is eligible? What's the cutoff beyond which he can't be included in the matchday sqaud?

I'd have thought the deadline for registration already passed, so are we waiting for the FA to confirm that we registered him on time? All a bit weird to not know by now. 

Edited by MrBlack