Pre Match Thread

rjw63

630am kick off and I'm wide awake at 330am.... It's gonna be a stinking hot day here so I've given golf the flick so it's all about the Villa today.

For some reason, I'm very confident about today. I'll have to think about why though and update later..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think we'll see

Emi
Young - Konsa - Mings - Digne

Buendia - Luiz - Kamara - Ramsey

Bailey - Watkins

This is it for me too. Last chance saloon for Leon you'd imagine. Hope he smashes it.

2 hours ago, VBM said:

Agree re Bailey, still like him as a player but taking him out of the firing line is the best course of action at this point. 

With respect, I think I have to disagree. Confidence is a very complicated thing with elite athletes and elite teams. In facts, there are differents kinds of confidences, some based on inherent talent, some based on achievements, there's coach and team confidence, and yes, there are with athletes, teams and coaches confidence "spirals" where confidence can go up and down and neither is actually necessarily predictive of long-term success, as weird as that sounds. Unless there's something physically going on with Bailey, the most sure-fire way Bailey's going regain his confidence (which can have a downside AND an upside, to be honest) is give him a chance to succeed within the supportive context of his team and coach's spheres. He's not on his own, after all. I think a few good plays and a goal would help him build the resilience he needs to weather the certain ups and downs to come with Villa. He's too important to us right now to take that chance away from him, even if it costs us a few points, IMO. That's my 2 cents anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

630am kick off and I'm wide awake at 330am.... It's gonna be a stinking hot day here 

You have no idea how strange that sounds, here on a dark, wet, windy winter's evening in England. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Enda said:

Bloody hell, some match if players die on the field.

As long as it’s Bamford I’m good. 

14 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more important than that"

Some English geezer said that.

I think you'll find it was some Scottish geezer

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more important than that"

Scottish! 

21 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

That quote is such a load of bollocks.

Who in their right mind actually believes that?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

With respect, I think I have to disagree. Confidence is a very complicated thing with elite athletes and elite teams. In facts, there are differents kinds of confidences, some based on inherent talent, some based on achievements, there's coach and team confidence, and yes, there are with athletes, teams and coaches confidence "spirals" where confidence can go up and down and neither is actually necessarily predictive of long-term success, as weird as that sounds. Unless there's something physically going on with Bailey, the most sure-fire way Bailey's going regain his confidence (which can have a downside AND an upside, to be honest) is give him a chance to succeed within the supportive context of his team and coach's spheres. He's not on his own, after all. I think a few good plays and a goal would help him build the resilience he needs to weather the certain ups and downs to come with Villa. He's too important to us right now to take that chance away from him, even if it costs us a few points, IMO. That's my 2 cents anyway. 

I think that was worth more than 2 cents.

• Haha 1