Pre Match Thread

rjw63

18 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This fixture feels like the closest thing to a derby for us in the league

I know what you mean in terms of an atmosphere. The wolves game the other night felt very un-derby like to me, despite it being our closest team geographically.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wolves doesnt feel like a derby to me and never has. Might do to them. Leeds has had a bit of needle since the c’ship days and the fans and players alike seem a lot more up for it

Blues- a derby. Albion- a historic derby. Everything else- not a derby.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wolves doesnt feel like a derby to me and never has. Might do to them. Leeds has had a bit of needle since the c’ship days and the fans and players alike seem a lot more up for it

I feel the same as you. Wolves definitely doesn't feel like a derby game. To me, I think it feels like another game outside a derby game.

West Brom and Birmingham definitely feels like a derby game. 

23 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Bamford'll be fit for this, just in time to play against his favourite team

It would be absolutely awful if two of Tyrone Mings's studs found their way into his shinbone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

----------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Young----------Konsa---------Mings--------Digne

--------------------Luiz---------Kamara-------------------

------------Ramsey------------------Buendia----------

-----------------Bailey----------Watkins-----------------

(If Moreno is ready, chuck him straight in).

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this weekend of football. Some really interesting games with a lot riding on them. All sides below us and around the relegation places playing each other ; Everton v Soton, Wolves v West Ham, Forest v Leicester. Liverpool go to Brighton which will be interesting, then you have the Manc derby and the NL derby.

Hopefully we can set ourselves up nicely to sit back and enjoy what unfolds. Im not sure what we’re going to get, part of me can see Leeds coming at us and causing us problems similar to Wolves last week, we have to play with the same energy and tempo or we’ll buckle. The other part of me thinks we should get a response at home in a night game especially with the first teamers coming back after a bit of a break and I really trust Emery to iron out the deficiencies of the last 2 games.

going to go with my optimistic head and say 2-0 Villa 🙃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Really looking forward to this weekend of football. Some really interesting games with a lot riding on them. All sides below us and around the relegation places playing each other ; Everton v Soton, Wolves v West Ham, Forest v Leicester. Liverpool go to Brighton which will be interesting, then you have the Manc derby and the NL derby.

Hopefully we can set ourselves up nicely to sit back and enjoy what unfolds. Im not sure what we’re going to get, part of me can see Leeds coming at us and causing us problems similar to Wolves last week, we have to play with the same energy and tempo or we’ll buckle. The other part of me thinks we should get a response at home in a night game especially with the first teamers coming back after a bit of a break and I really trust Emery to iron out the deficiencies of the last 2 games.

going to go with my optimistic head and say 2-0 Villa 🙃

Also many games that have an effect on the midtable fight for top ten which includes us.

Only Brentford have what seems to be three points.

If we can beat Dirty Leeds and follow it up with a win against Southampton we could be as high as eighth and potentially within reach of sixth.

Am I getting ahead of myself here? Ever the optimist.

I'd settle for four points but feel it would be two points dropped.