Pre Match Thread

rjw63

So, as I couldn't get my wish of Villa smashing the shit out of the Custard Bowl Nobbers, I'll have to settle for us destroying dirty Leedssszzzz.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I’ll be in New York for this one. Going to the 9/11 memorial on the Friday morning before the 15:00 kick off local time, so at least the day can’t get any more depressing should we lose 😂

Why is the memorial months after whwn it actually happened?

Any side that doesn’t contain Bailey, Olsen, Augustinsson, Bednarek and Chambers.

Buendia doesn’t deserve his place but will probably keep it by default. 

Think the penny is dropping for a lot of fans that a lot of our squad is sh*t.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

We're quite shit.

Think I asked this question in a few forums but who was supposed to be playing CM for you today. From what I saw you had three CBs, Firpo who dosen't have a clue about positional sense so just runs up and down the pitch and then endless amount of attacking midfielders and strikers.

I assume Tyler Adams will be fit, he's had a very good season as I suspect. Rodrigo also seems to be playing much better under Marsch than Bielsa in terms of output.

Usually crazy games against you guys at VP, they'll be goals in this one aswell.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Think I asked this question in a few forums but who was supposed to be playing CM for you today. From what I saw you had three CBs, Firpo who dosen't have a clue about positional sense so just runs up and down the pitch and then endless amount of attacking midfielders and strikers.

I assume Tyler Adams will be fit, he's had a very good season as I suspect. Rodrigo also seems to be playing much better under Marsch than Bielsa in terms of output.

Usually crazy games against you guys at VP, they'll be goals in this one aswell.

Greenwood and Gyabi, Firpo plays a free role from left back where he just roams about fouling people. Our defensive structure is weird because Firpo is so shit we've decided to play centre backs over him, its a bit City esque with a 4/3

It'll be Roca and Adams on Friday, we're such a mess that I've no idea how any game will go.

Beat Chelsea, Liverpool, should have beat Arsenal and Spurs. Humiliated by Fulham, Palace, Leicester, Brentford. Teams that avoid our press entirely ruin us, teams that play through us have a really hard time.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Greenwood and Gyabi, Firpo plays a free role from left back where he just roams about fouling people. Our defensive structure is weird because Firpo is so shit we've decided to play centre backs over him, its a bit City esque with a 4/3

It'll be Roca and Adams on Friday, we're such a mess that I've no idea how any game will go.

Beat Chelsea, Liverpool, should have beat Arsenal and Spurs. Humiliated by Fulham, Palace, Leicester, Brentford. Teams that avoid our press entirely ruin us, teams that play through us have a really hard time.

Well I'm sure you had a right chuckle catching clips of our game and what we were doing.

If you dig in like at Newcastle you've got a decent chance of three points here.

6 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this one after today and Wolves 

Well we need a response otherwise Emery is going to becoming yet another Villa manager with mediocre home results and performances as his reign goes on.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes we will no doubt get a reaction after such a terrible performance and result. Not sure where we go with the team though. Maybe Bailey needs to sit this one out  Mcginn should start if fit.

Im not convinced but there better be

The fans wont have another unacceptable performance 

If ut gies ti shit the anger will go towards the players not emery

I'm hoping for a MASSIVE reaction from the players after yesterday.

Martinez

Young    Konsa    Mings      Digne

Sanson  Luiz   Kamara    

Ramsey   Watkins   McGinn (if fit)

Score line could be anything, but I'll go for 3-2 Villa.