Pre Match Thread

rjw63

I'll be honest,  I'm finding it very hard to give a shit about this game. When our only hope of winning anything gets thrown away like it did on Sunday, the motivation to watch us try and finish 10th just isn't there.

Maybe it will change on match day (probably) but right now I find it hard to see the point.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest,  I'm finding it very hard to give a shit about this game. When our only hope of winning anything gets thrown away like it did on Sunday, the motivation to watch us try and finish 10th just isn't there.

Maybe it will change on match day (probably) but right now I find it hard to see the point.

Do something nice instead go out for a meal, pictures something like that. It will cheer you up.

I haven't got a clue. Most of any confidence I have is coming from the fact that we're now owed a reaction to the Stevenage game, and the fact he will go back to our first team and his preferred 442. I think Emery is realising every time he dips into the bench players, we lose the game.

With absolutely no confidence in our ability to hold our piss at the moment I'll go for a 2-1 skin of the teeth win.

• Haha 1

Marsch hasn't impressed and Leeds are top of the league in terms of pressing AND attacking sprints but that usually starts falling apart right around this time of the year.

As long as we don't give them the lead, we should be alright but we have had a tendency to play loose between Emi-Mings-Konsa-Luiz-Kamara.

But I'm sure we will still try to play out from the back so it all hinges on not having a Dendocker moment.

• Like 1

Villa have entered into dangerous territory, as a win would create a wave of toxic optimism.

This usually triggers a bout of self-doubt and dread in the dressing room, and the players start worrying about accidentally creating expectations, they might be expected to live up to.

Leeds need the points and won't be afraid of Villa and so they will venture out of their own half, which might leave a bit of space for Watkins or Ings.

I know neither Buendia or Coutinho are not in great form but I can't see where an assist is to come from without one or the other - I would just ban both of them from shooting from outside the box, and tell Cash the same.

When Villa meet the northern cloggers, it's usually as spicey as the balti triangle - so wooden shin-pads and pit boots might be the order of the day.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Villa have entered into dangerous territory, as a win would create a wave of toxic optimism.

This usually triggers a bout of self-doubt and dread in the dressing room, and the players start worrying about accidentally creating expectations, they might be expected to live up to.

Leeds need the points and won't be afraid of Villa and so they will venture out of their own half, which might leave a bit of space for Watkins or Ings.

I know neither Buendia or Coutinho are not in great form but I can't see where an assist is to come from without one or the other - I would just ban both of them from shooting from outside the box, and tell Cash the same.

When Villa meet the northern cloggers, it's usually as spicey as the balti triangle - so wooden shin-pads and pit boots might be the order of the day.

If you think this team are dirty.....I'm not sure what you would have made of the Revie Team......They should have played at Madison Square Garden, not Elland Rd.

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

just move on.....and wait for the next capitulation.

Just kidding.

more chance of predicting the lottery numbers.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't know. Win and we'll only be a few points off 7th so I still think there's plenty to play for in the league although worry is now our league form will now decline due to what happened and we'll struggle to win many of these decent fixtures coming up.

The response is key now. In last decade whenever we've had a major setback it usually takes us months to get back on track. It has to be mere weeks under this manager otherwise it just shows the squad mentality is nowhere near good enough for where we want to go.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't know. Win and we'll only be a few points off 7th so I still think there's plenty to play for in the league although worry is now our league form will now decline due to what happened and we'll struggle to win many of these decent fixtures coming up.

The response is key now. In last decade whenever we've had a major setback it usually takes us months to get back on track. It has to be mere weeks under this manager otherwise it just shows the squad mentality is nowhere near good enough for where we want to go.

Yes that was one of MON best points is that we usually bounced back after a poor defeat. Apart from when we reached about easter time.

5 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

My first trip to VP since Smith. Can't wait. 

I am confident we are at the start of an exciting new era under Emery - he'll need support from the home ground and I'll certainly be giving it.

Also **** Leeds. 

My first visit in years too. My last Villa game live was at Wembley when we were promoted. My last trip to VP must have been Bruce era? Long overdue anyway and by far my longest absence since I started travelling to VP 23 years ago. 

We have to f***ing win this 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If you think this team are dirty.....I'm not sure what you would have made of the Revie Team......They should have played at Madison Square Garden, not Elland Rd.

Leeds brought in most of the gamesmanship which has taken over the game - appeal for everything and kick everyone.

The only thing Villa fans liked them for was their zillion-pass move which led up to a goal against Small Heath.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This fixture feels like the closest thing to a derby for us in the league

Lost its edge completely to me now. Both our promotion squads are essentially gone.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If you can get a response at home to leeds after that shit game sunday then these players are not up for it and a majority of them need to go in next two windows.

This in a nutshell.

I actually wise a few on here would stop making excuses for them given many are expecting us to be turned over comfortably v Leeds which would've been a comical prediction if said straight after Spurs away which was only 10 days ago.

We need a response like any decent team would. Believe it or not but loads of teams have embarrassing cup results....and then go out and comfortably win the next premier league game 2-0.

If we go into mourning mood now and barely win a game up to March then we simply can't be giving the same players more chances next season.