Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I thought Mings and Konsa were fine. I gave Konsa MOTM.

Thanks for saying something about Konsa. I wouldn't say that he was MOTM but I agree that he had a really solid game. He's back to where he was a few years ago.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

After a “naughty incident”, anticipating a bollocking, my five year old son falls to the floor crying in an attempt to change the dynamic of the moment. I saw my son on the pitch this evening 

How did he play? Was he booed at half time ? Or are you just a pushy parent looking into the future visualising  him in a Villa shirt.?

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Thanks for saying something about Konsa. I wouldn't say that he was MOTM but I agree that he had a really solid game. He's back to where he was a few years ago.

He's been quietly solid for a little while now. Konsa and Mings the least of our worries these days.

• Like 1

I forgot to say something about Dibu. I don't think that he looked rusty at all. He looked to me like the same goalkeeper we saw for Argentina in the World Cup, making some big saves. I know that some people in the match thread questioned his positioning on their goal, but I think that goal was just a brilliant moment by Podence.

• Like 1

I want to have a go at Bailey for missing that sitter but we didn't deserve 3 points from that. 1-1 is about right. 

I hope we get 2-3 improvements in because some of our regulars just aren't the answer.

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

I forgot to say something about Dibu. I don't think that he looked rusty at all. He looked to me like the same goalkeeper we saw for Argentina in the World Cup, making some big saves. I know that some people in the match thread questioned his positioning on their goal, but I think that goal was just a brilliant moment by Podence.

I agree. I was miffed about the comments earlier in the first half, he judged the header from Collins and anticipated that it was going across goal and trusted in Konsa to deal with it. He couldn’t do anything about the goal. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Terrible first half, second half was better but not great.

Digne for me needs resting as his replacement did more in the short time he was on the pitch.

Maybe give Ings a run before we let him go, his record is better than Watkins

First half was as bad as anything under Gerrard - no intensity at all and Wolves did a proper number on us. However, really pleased that Unai was able to make the right changes at the right time to influence the game. Can’t remember the last time I had such confidence in a manager to make the required tweaks.

Mings and Konsa were decent. Digne was absolutely woeful and seemed reluctant to drive forwards for some reason. Not what I’ve come to expect from him. 

Never thought I’d say this but we definitely missed McGinn today. As for Bailey, I’m not gonna pile on him. He’ll know himself he should’ve buried it, but if I’m honest we didn’t deserve to win, a draw felt fair. We definitely need a quality injection but I think major surgery will need to wait until the summer.

There was talk in the Unai thread about him keeping everyone humble. The way we played that first half we were anything but.

There was little effort, no attempt to close down, no movement off the ball. Nobody wanted to step up and ask for the ball and nobody put in the shift to get to the 2nd ball. We seemed to take the game as a given, expecting Wolves to roll over.

We got better in the second half, which is a positive sign - but we needed to start that way for many reasons:

• It's a derby
  • The last game against Wolves at home
  • We simply aren't a team that is feared (yet)

Would have loved us to nick it at the death and we got close - but it wasn't to be.

Lessons learned, hopefully. Onwards and upwards

1st half was as bad as I’ve seen this season, game changed soon as he brought ings on, he needs to be starting, thought augustinson played alot better than digne, really don’t get what some see in buendia no strength gets tackled and throws a strop like a petulant kid 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Woeful. Bailey's finish at the end sunned it up.

Dogshit performance.

I'm finish at that bag of piss served up just now. It's like they felt they done it all at White Hart Lane and only had to turn up today.

I don't want players at my club with that attitude **** whoever think a that way off.

Out off.the ball movement at home was non existent. Out intent, our purpose, our gameplan was nothing.

Utter shit Villa and aim not lettering the manager get away Scott free as he sets them up,  organises them and he got outdone early and didn't change it.

Worst performance from Emery and his side.

What? 

• Like 2

Only players who have any credit are Konsa and Mings.

Had to endure the guy droning on constantly behind me for them to go forward and play it quicker....not a single player wanted the ball.

Abject performance from the first whistle. Allowed Wolves to play and ping balls all first half.

No intensity. No belief. No conviction.

Maybe tiredness but I do get the feeling (because I felt it too, I thought a good win tonight) the players thought they'd come out and ping the ball about and have a good evening.

We didn't touch the ball for 8 minutes.

Really really disappointing. Lost a lot of goodwill tonight. Poor mentality.

• Sad 1

I was screaming at my tele you f**king w**ker, sell him now! 😤 and then i seen him sobbing on the floor and i went silent, truly felt for him, BUT regardless terrible display, offered limited threat at goal, and for the £30m fee he has to be doing better, far from acceptable.

As for Buendia Norwich well and truly robbed us blind £35/40M for these performances are a disgrace, the amount of times he kept bloody giving the ball away was p**sing me off, Digne might aswell had stayed at home playing fifa he was all over the place… as much as we have disregarded ings well I'm not gonna state the obvious but superb cameo… kamara tidy and mings solid.. thats all folks! 🫡

Edited by RicRic

Â