Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

I've just read the Match thread. Sheesh. 

Emery wins 4 in 6 so far, unbeaten in the league, and all league wins against top 7 sides. Somebody actually said we'd appointed the wrong manager. 

Some folks need to take a long hard look at themselves. We have one off night (and still didn't lose). And the half time booing?! WTF was that about? It's embarrassing to be a Villa fan sometimes.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

quite frankly, I don't know, how we got the draw......just a moment of blissful play.

They must be cursing themselves....A draw, snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Gotcha back, Wolves.

Don’t agree with that.  

We were poor first half and deserved to be losing, but the second half was different and we deserved the equaliser and had a couple chances to score and scored one of them.  

I don’t think it was a draw snatched from the jaws of defeat, it was a fair outcome that represented the periods of play.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Emery wins 4 in 6 so far, unbeaten in the league, and all league wins against top 7 sides. Somebody actually said we'd appointed the wrong manager. 

Some folks need to take a long hard look at themselves. We have one off night (and still didn't lose). And the half time booing?! WTF was that about? It's embarrassing to be a Villa fan sometimes.  

The booing was justified at half time, the players didn’t put in the effort that they, themselves, have set in the games of Emery.  It wasn’t booing of Emery, it was booing the players, I’m sure Emery was saying the same thing at half time, he wouldn’t have been happy and it showed second half.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The booing was justified at half time, the players didn’t put in the effort that they, themselves, have set in the games of Emery.  It wasn’t booing of Emery, it was booing the players, I’m sure Emery was saying the same thing at half time, he wouldn’t have been happy and it showed second half.

After one dodgy half? Respectfully, that's some entitled horse s**t on the part of those booing. 

Something that Arsenal fans would do. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, useless said:

Not that this is how we should meaure it as we should only care about our position, but probably worse for Wolves fans, they threw away a lead and a win that would have taken them out of the bottom three, afer our equalizer back into the bottom three they go.

Good point (pun unintended).

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah this is just downright immature imo

Just now, HKP90 said:

After one dodgy half? Respectfully, that's some entitled horse s**t on the part of those booing. 

The booing was due to the effort.  

Fans have every right to boo at any club if the application isn’t there but if the application isn’t there then they shouldn’t boo.  

Nothing to do with entitlement!  

The minimum us fans expect is effort, and that first half wasn’t sufficient and you could see from Emery’s face he was shocked.

I’m sure a hairdryer moment happened at half time because second half you could see it there.  

You don’t agree with booing? Fine, but nothing to do with entitled….effort is a prerequisite and players will hear if it isn’t there.  

If the effort was there and we were…say 2-0 down…then there wouldn’t have been booing, but down 1-0 and that effort it’s totally understandable.  

You could see how the crowd reacted positively in the second half even before the goal because the effort was there, that’s what fans wanted even if we had had lost 1-0.  We require effort as a minimum!  The rest of forgivable. 

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Sad thing is we had enough chances to win it before Bailey’s miss at the end. 

Its going to be hard to win games....when you play like that.

The general play was below par....and when you do that, the initiative is yielded, and the opposition pick it up.

Thats what has happened, in the last 2 home games.

We are still not a team, that relish the responsibility of claiming the initiatitve, and taking the game to the oppostion.

The ball control, needs to improve, as does the decision making and the speed we move the ball, all those are interelated.

When teams get in our faces, it shows us for what we are, and our inconsistencies exposed.

This is not a 5 minute job.....and I don't think coaching alone, will suffice......its broader than that.

but, I think we have the right man, to do it......just hope he gets the financial support, as promised.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah this is just downright immature imo

Keep hearing things like “immature”, “embarrassing” when some fans describing things they don’t agree with related to Villa they disagree with….it’s very bizarre, just other people having views and reacting that isn’t agreed with…nothing like immature or embarrassing, just a different reaction that the writer doesn’t agree with, doesn’t mean either view is wrong.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t agree with that.  

We were poor first half and deserved to be losing, but the second half was different and we deserved the equaliser and had a couple chances to score and scored one of them.  

I don’t think it was a draw snatched from the jaws of defeat, it was a fair outcome that represented the periods of play.

Fine, we disagree.

I though we was fortunate to get that draw.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

The booing was due to the effort.  

Fans have every right to boo at any club if the application isn’t there but if the application isn’t there then they shouldn’t boo.  

Nothing to do with entitlement!  

The minimum us fans expect is effort, and that first half wasn’t sufficient and you could see from Emery’s face he was shocked.

I’m sure a hairdryer moment happened at half time because second half you could see it there.  

You don’t agree with booing? Fine, but nothing to do with entitled….effort is a prerequisite and players will hear if it isn’t there.  

If the effort was there and we were…say 2-0 down…then there wouldn’t have been booing, but down 1-0 and that effort it’s totally understandable.  

You could see how the crowd reacted positively in the second half even before the goal because the effort was there, that’s what fans wanted even if we had had lost 1-0.  We require effort as a minimum!  The rest of forgivable. 

After one half, booing is waaaay over the top. There has to be some context here. We just beat f***ing Tottenham. It's absolutely to do with entitlement. 

And yeah fans have the right to boo. They also have the responsibility to not act like a spoiled child after one half of football. 

It's Emery's job to motivate the team when there is a perceived lack of effort. In part it's our job as fans to get behind the team. If they've been s**t for 6 weeks, then I could understand the booing (even if i'd never do it). After one half of football, it's pathetic.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Keep hearing things like “immature”, “embarrassing” when some fans describing things they don’t agree with related to Villa they disagree with….it’s very bizarre, just other people having views and reacting that isn’t agreed with…nothing like immature or embarrassing, just a different reaction that the writer doesn’t agree with, doesn’t mean either view is wrong.

It is immature to throw a tantrum as soon as things don't necessarily go your way.

If I say "Unai is shit" at the first sign of setback with the history being positive, then I'm not exactly forming a level-headed opinion on the matter. I'm lashing out in an immature fashion. At least that's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

edit: I'm just very against booing your own team. For me that's a massive no no and hugely negative behavior.

Edited by osmark86

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

quite frankly, I don't know, how we got the draw......just a moment of blissful play.

They must be cursing themselves....A draw, snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Gotcha back, Wolves.

It wasn’t a moment though we started poorly but I put it down to 3 games in quick succession (our players are not used to that) and a few starters were probably mentally more than anything fatigued.

Emery then made the changes and we dominated then Lopetegui (another world class tactician and manager ) made some changes and for 5 minutes they took back some control but Don Unai made further changes and we dominated the rest of the game. 

Under Gerrard we would have feebly bent over and allowed wolves to do what they want with us but we reacted and then dominated second half with the exception of about 5/10 minutes when they made the subs.

5 league games later and Gerrard’s dna is being replaced by Don Unai’s DNA. 

Just now, TRO said:

Fine, we disagree.

I though we was fortunate to get that draw.

I thought we were fortunate not to be more down at half time but that’s Wolves issues, I think based on the second half we were unlucky not to have won the game by the end of it.  Overall a draw was a fair result in the end based on the balance of play imo.  

Certainly Wolves should’ve been out of sight first half but didn’t capitalise on it which opened the door for us with our better second half performance and opportunities imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

It is immature to throw a tantrum as soon as things don't necessarily go your way

Tantrum? No, letting the players their effort wasn’t sufficient is not a tantrum it’s putting them on notice.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If I say "Unai is shit" at the first sign of setback

Did the crowd say that? No! They booed the effort of the players, it’s not the same thing.

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Completely agree.

I hate when fans boo their own team. It's bullshit behavior in my opinion and nothing positive comes out of it. Especially not after one dodgy half as you say. What good does it possible accomplish?

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That half, was no way, in keeping with Unai's performances to date.....but his time here is not on trial here.....the game is.

We could so easily, have been more than one goal deficit.....has it got to happen, before we react?

That was a poor half in anyones book, and that's being polite.

Fortunately for Arsenal, they don't have to witness, what we just have.

That first half in particular, deserved the reaction that it got, the disparity with Sunday, was alarming.

Personally, I never boo, my team, only refs, but that doesn't make me holier than thou......but I can understand other folk booing that, dollop of dung.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Tantrum? No, letting the players their effort wasn’t sufficient is not a tantrum it’s putting them on notice.

Did the crowd say that? No! They booed the effort of the players, it’s not the same thing.

It was just an example, but the booing could absolutely be interpreted as "Unai is shit" as booing isn't exactly a very descriptive way of communicating.

I just really dislike it and think it shows poor character from the fans. Especially after 45min of subpar performance when on the whole we've been much better.

Edited by osmark86

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

After one half, booing is waaaay over the top. There has to be some context here. We just beat f***ing Tottenham. It's absolutely to do with entitlement. 

And yeah fans have the right to boo. They also have the responsibility to not act like a spoiled child after one half of football. 

It's Emery's job to motivate the team when there is a perceived lack of effort. In part it's our job as fans to get behind the team. If they've been s**t for 6 weeks, then I could understand the booing (even if i'd never do it). After one half of football, it's pathetic.  

Well we just don’t agree.  If the players effort is below par, at every ground I’ve been to over the decades fans let the players know whether they are on a good run or not.  

Absolutely nothing to do with entitlement, nothing to with the Spurs game or anything else you want to list.  Us fans, of any club, at any ground and I’ve been to most, if the players are giving below par effort (not performance) then most times they get booed. The minimum fans expect (not entitled) is effort from their players.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That half, was no way, in keeping with Unai's performances to date.....but his time here is not on trial here.....the game is.

We could so easily, have been more than one goal deficit.....has it got to happen, before we react?

That was a poor half in anyones book, and that's being polite.

Fortunately for Arsenal, they don't have to witness, what we just have.

That first half in particular, deserved the reaction that it got, the disparity with Sunday, was alarming.

Personally, I never boo, my team, only refs, but that doesn't make me holier than thou......but I can understand other folk booing that, dollop of dung.

Then give them half time to rectify things. They came out and had what I think we all agree, was a much better half. Saw problem, addressed problem, got something from the game. 

Just act like adults, and treat the players like adults.  

• Like 1

Â