Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He was terrible all game

Wrong.  In the second half he was a big source of energy and forward movement and kept Wolves on the backfoot. His finishing and crossing this match -- well, you may have something there.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Before eveyone piles on to Bailey.

He genuinely looks devastated here.

In tears

Okay he's in tears so I won't mention that he was garbage throughout the 94 minutes with the ball and without it and should be traded for a used bag of footballs !!!

Edited by Paul33

Augustinsson Is a weird one - he’ll put a performance like he did today which was amazing but then he’ll have a stinker lol. 

Disappointed with the point in the end after we had so many second half chances to win. If only it was Ings and not Bailey with that chance at the end.

Leon needs to find his shooting boots as he has fluffed /air shot scuffed lots of chances recently.

• Like 3

Draw is about a fair result given how poorly we played, to a man, in the first half and start of the second. 

Thought Bailey and Buendia were absolutely woeful, but the former obviously stands out for that shocking miss. Even with all the pressure of the situation and the time on the clock - you can't miss those. You cannot. 

Anyone being paid millions to play football missing an open goal should be ashamed of themselves. **** hell what a disaster.

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Woeful. Bailey's finish at the end sunned it up.

Dogshit performance.

I'm finish at that bag of piss served up just now. It's like they felt they done it all at White Hart Lane and only had to turn up today.

I don't want players at my club with that attitude **** whoever think a that way off.

Out off.the ball movement at home was non existent. Out intent, our purpose, our gameplan was nothing.

Utter shit Villa and aim not lettering the manager get away Scott free as he sets them up,  organises them and he got outdone early and didn't change it.

Worst performance from Emery and his side.

Perhaps look for another club it might be beneficial for your health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bailey seems to have regressed into that overthought, neurotic style of play he fell prey to under Gerrard, and then when he finally gets a chance where he's got time to bear down on the empty net he loses his cool and snatches at it on his wrong foot. Gah. Hopefully he can bounce back, maybe his reaction will induce sympathy and neuter some of the furious response to him our fa-hahaha just kidding

I...did not know that Augustinsson had that in his locker. Very unlucky not to score, but a hell of a clearance from the Premier League's most prolific serial killer

Voted Mings MOTM, good pass for the goal and was interesting to see him in advanced positions hemming Wolves in and being on the ball more while we were pushing in the last third of the game

Maybe I'm insane, but after how incredible Wolves were in the first half I'm still more in a mode of being relieved and thinking that was a decent point

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

After a “naughty incident”, anticipating a bollocking, my five year old son falls to the floor crying in an attempt to change the dynamic of the moment. I saw my son on the pitch this evening 

Well that's a football banning order and a fine, open and shut, he's only got himself to blame

• Haha 1

As an exercise in showing we need some quality players then this was a good one , first half was as a bad as anything Gerrard served up , second half we did enough to win the game 

Luiz and Kamara partnership looked steady again , now we just need that creative spark to join either side of them … let’s hope Jan window  will address this problem 

August gave some food for thought about the starting left back position , he looked quite energetic and positive

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

After a “naughty incident”, anticipating a bollocking, my five year old son falls to the floor crying in an attempt to change the dynamic of the moment. I saw my son on the pitch this evening 

I'm lost for words.

Well, the good thing is that we finally have a manager that is able to read the game and make adjustments. It's been a while since I've been confident that we'd come out a different team after the break.

However, we REALLY need to sort our finishing out.

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

For sure, we've signed him to score in situations like that. Just saying it wasn't on a plate for him. It's the touch on his left that isn't quite good enough, and then he has to stretch for the finish.

He should've just lobbed it over Sa first time, the distance from goal and between him and the keeper was there. My river cut off as soon as the miss happened so didn't see a replay to judge how much of angle was then cut off by the defender on the line.

Such a good pass from Ings, deserved a goal and would've been same combination that lead to that Everton goal last season.

The team that ended tonight should more or less start v Leeds imo.

• Like 1

Some will be shocked to hear I've gone for Mings as my MOTM - he was calm and competent and did as much as he could do with all the pressure hoisted on his shoulders by our insistence on playing out from the back in every phase of possession. Thought he kept the defence cool and calm throughout, even when we were under the kosh.

Largely positive performance from him in a field of (up to the 75th minute or so) shockers.

• Like 1

Not a bad result all things considered. It had a feeling of one of those nights so rescuing a point, and almost three, from that is not terrible. 

Awful first half. Better second half but overall we need to be better. Cash and Young looked the wrong choice down the right. Digne and Buendia on the left really struggled. Digne being subbed is quite telling. It’s rare you see a full back subbed for another full back. 

I thought Mings and Konsa were fine. I gave Konsa MOTM. There was a noticeable return of the Mings to Watkins long ball as we struggled to make any progress through the midfield or the wings.

We really need to start getting our signings right. Digne looks like a major flop. Buendia is not showing enough and continues to give the ball away carelessly. Bailey looks poor. We rarely even use Ings although his goals per minutes ratio is actually quite good. That’s on top of a stockpile of additional poor signings. And most of our signings are worryingly slow. It’s a serious problem. We can’t afford to keep wasting money and expect to improve. 

Â