Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought Ings would start against Wolves and I wish he had

That was my feeling. Credit to Unai for changing it. Really think it’s a different game if Hwang was sent off. Ref let Wolves get away with a lot. 

pro's:

• we went behind, played terribly, then turned it around in the second half and rescued a point, which in of itself is a huge success for us considering how bad we are at it in recent years.
  • Emery is willing to make changes, including half time changes to impact the game.

Cons:

• Our finishing.
  • crossing like its going out of fashion (it seems a default response when we panic about breaking teams down - still)..
  • Digne & Buendia, both poor.
  • Bailey, so bad he deserves his own bullet point, seriously wth is it with this guy.
  • Like 2

Dreadful 1st half we were realky rwally poor. Cash should never ever play right midfield again.

Thought kamara mings and ings were great

Buendia was **** pathetic. Honestly need a upgrade on him come the summer he isnt good enough. We massively ovee spent on him.

Bailey although i feel sorry for him was pure shite today. Taking too many touches not pasisng the ball and losing possession. He aint as goid as his dad thinks  he is. Very inconsistent. That miss at the end was absolutely shocking but he knows that. No point crucifying him as he looks devastated so we should just move on

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

He's got to hit the target at least though.

For sure, we've signed him to score in situations like that. Just saying it wasn't on a plate for him. It's the touch on his left that isn't quite good enough, and then he has to stretch for the finish.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

In fairness to Bailey, the touch to take it round the keeper leaves him with a tricky finish on his wrong foot. I don't think it was as much of a sitter as people made out, defender was covering. Still should have done much better though.

No doubt he should have scored, but it happens. I'm gutted for him. I'm sure he will get the chance to redeem himself. 

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't mind the point on an off-day. Good adjustments and subs by Emery in the second half.  Learning not to lose is part of the process.

Well put, agreed mate.

Ings MoTM for me, Augustinsson was good, and Mings too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Woeful. Bailey's finish at the end sunned it up.

Dogshit performance.

I'm finish at that bag of piss served up just now. It's like they felt they done it all at White Hart Lane and only had to turn up today.

I don't want players at my club with that attitude **** whoever think a that way off.

Out off.the ball movement at home was non existent. Out intent, our purpose, our gameplan was nothing.

Utter shit Villa and aim not lettering the manager get away Scott free as he sets them up,  organises them and he got outdone early and didn't change it.

Worst performance from Emery and his side.

Sorry, what you trying to say? 

• Haha 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely. That reaction speaks volumes for me. Even the really best players miss sitters.

Hr should be gutted, I like him a lot but he's done the hard part and missed there. On the back of a few other misses. 

Improved second half, then morons that booed end of the first half should be made to have season tickets at the noses. Clearly better organised even when things aren't going for us than the Gerrard days. Coudl easily have had three points but coming back to get one is ok. We've got a long way to go before we boss teams at VP every week. The improvements are clear, ew need 2 or 3 players in Jan. Wide mos pressingly, not to replace Bailey but to help balance things and to give him a hand.

Two points dropped really as we had it in us to score more than one. Work in progress and we need to be more patient than the dickheads who booed at half time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Nice to have a manager who can make impactful in-game changes. Feel bad for Bailey. Looks genuinely broken by missing that chance. 

Honestly, I get  the reaction but I don't get it, too. A bit much, maybe. He shouldn't feel so bad. He got his legs tangled a bit -- and he needs to work on composure -- but it's not the FA cup final. Yeah, fans are gutted, but we go on.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

I just wish we had a full blooded captain. The first half was insipid, and Unai could do nothing and none of it his fault, the players needed a rocket up their arse. We need a proper midfield captain who can grab the game by the throat and get stuck in to our own players 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Â