Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

I feel for Bailey at the end there, he genuinely looked disgusted in himself almost brought to tears. That said it wasn’t his best game especially in the first half. 

We could’ve/should’ve won but we still grabbed a point and moved up to 11th. Hopefully we can pick up 3 points vs Leeds after our FA cup game.

The Cash RW experiment didn't work, but good changes for a much stronger second half.

Mings was excellent.

Digne was dire.

Ings looked very good when he came on.

Also thought Augustinsson had a fantastic game. Gave my MOTM to Mings because he had a decent game for the full 90, but Augstinsson and Ings were the other two who did well.

Otherwise a pretty poor performance - plenty of work to do.

• Like 4

I'll enjoy the point. Not a defining performance in any way, but a good illustration of various weaknesses --- and strengths -- Emery can use to reshape things a bit. Wolves wanted it badly for a while. Bailey blew a big chance, but he created lots of chance, too, and constantly harried Wolves' left in the second half. We need some new players.  Ludwig Augustinsson was great. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

It's the score I predicted.  Happy with a point in the end. Bailey, Buendia and Digne were all **** awful. No need for a meltdown 

Edited by Bizzzle
  • Like 1

We have to start games with much more tempo. That first half was as bad as ive seen in a while. Good to get a point and not let them gain any ground.

Buendia, Digne and Bailey were truly shocking tonight. Ings MOTM for the goal and what should have been a sumptuous assist. Back to drawing board. Interesting window ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

cheerio leon. £30mi for that. Just a pricey bertrand traore. Doesn't perform as we need him to. Auf wiedersehen, good bye au revoir. He won't last the summer anyway. 

We'll see.

Our last manager made almost every player worse. I'm hoping our current manager makes almost every player better. If he's deemed surplus to requirement sin the summer, I won't cry if he's sold, but I think he's shown enough flashes we can hope Emery can get something out of him.

The next 6 months for me are a fairly clean slate, and a chance for Emery to assess who can and can't make the cut. 5 games ain't going to tell the whole story.

• Like 1

After the first half I would have taken a point. 

Some positives there, mainly around Emery's ability to change a game when needed. Though, he got it quite wrong in the first half.

Unlucky not to take all 3 points in the end. 

Bit disappointed with the game but very happy with Emery so far. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â