Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sound like entitled clearings in the woods booing, 3 wins in 4 including United for first time in 400 years and Spuds away.

Get a grip

To be fair, i'd be booing making the effort to go to this derby game at 8pm, sitting in the freezing cold and witnessing this load of shit!!

Can only think that the Wolves coaches/players saw us in Sunday and realised that they can get at us playing with pace, which is working. 

If Villa play a higher back line, to try to push us further forward, Wolves will throw on Traore and he'll destroy us. For that reason, I can't see us getting anything other than a defeat in this game. 

I wouldn’t have booed, but even given recent results and performances, I can understand it given how disturbing that first half was. Some seriously pathetic, half-arsed performances out there. A complete lack of movement. Given who our manager is, that comes down to individuals on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How does VAR look at Hwang’s foul and not upgrade to red? He’s late and above Dougie’ ankle. Could have injured him. 

I'm very much of the opinion we need to move away from studs = red.  It's not that bad a challenge at all, just late.  Yellow is right.

Edit:  To clarify, "not that bad a challenge" in context of red card territory.  It's a bad challenge in itself.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, smg said:

Just seen the score, seen there was booing at half time , we really are the most supportive fans. The players must love playing at Villa park in front of the 12th man for the opposition.. 

Comments on here are no better.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They ahve every right to boo. Late ko nightmare game to get homw from with no trains in freezing cold yet the players havent even bothered to turn up

Pathetic performance 

As I said, I'm at home, I have no right to tell them they *can't* boo. They have that right.

I don't have to think they aren't **** stupid though. What is it, Unai's second game at home, third? Booed off at half time after the result at the weekend? Nah. They've got shit for **** brains, and it's basically the first noise we've heard out of them all night.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

1-0 down at half time after beating Spurs away, I don’t like that.

Boo them at the end if it’s still like that, but that’s what you expect from a club that’s serving up dog shit every week. Weird behaviour. Most clubs don’t do that.

The half was a completely unacceptable level of performance - I'm not sure how else the fans are supposed to react tbh. 

I remember watching Cash for Forest when he played as a midfielder for them and he was sub par in that positon by Championship standards, was only the following season when was converted to right-back that he was much improved. Should never play midfield for us.

Just now, tomav84 said:

so you feel that recent results mean that players can give themselves a night off and get battered at home vs rivals who started the night in the bottom 3? see how well we progress up the league with that attitude

irrespective of how good the last 4 games have been (and they really have), the players needed telling that performance wasn't acceptable

There's a million things you can do instead of booing. Shout and scream, call em names or whatever. Booing suggests they are always shit and uo there with Lescott and the other relegation clowns

• Confused 1