Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

Kamara just oozes class, my only issue with him today is him not shooting near the end of the game, thought he was just going to bury it bottom corner.

Excellent team performance, Olsen solid though he had little to do really, Buendia improved a lot second half, Bailey huffed and puffed, Watkins and Luiz were superb.

It was refreshing to see us quickly react to their change in formation too with bringing on Cash, nice to see some relevant and effective in-game management finally.

• Like 3

Just now, osmark86 said:

yeah I'm getting a little annoyed at it. If Eric Niva was there I'd understand it, but none of these guys are Spurs fans.

How about a single **** word about how well we played?

At least Watkins getting some love now.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Meanwhile, Levy has backed Conte and they are in free fall. 

LOL

The absolute entitlement of their **** fans to be calling for Levy's head though. Do they remember where they were 15 years ago? 

Kamara was fantastic today, never Any doubt when he was on the ball, never lost it, distribution first class , running with the ball first class. He's our best player with Douglas a close second. Young......how old? His fitness levels are unbelievable.

Watkins kept them busy at the back , our defence stayed strong, Olsen looks like a different player, amazing what a bit of confidence can do and Emery has given him that by playing him , despite Martinez being available. 

Minus points , a few sloppy passes , McGinn, Beundia and Ming's spring to mind, they tend to be the ones losing possession when they shouldn't be.

Great result, cheers UTV  

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Played very well as a team, real drive, purpose and hunger, but on a day when again individual players weren’t at their best we created a couple of well worked goals. 

Where we will be when Watkins is more ruthless (or replaced), Bailey finds his groove and we upgrade McGinn makes you wonder where we can be. We also have some quality additions to come in too. Very exciting.

Still managed to slap McGinn priceless

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The absolute entitlement of their **** fans to be calling for Levy's head though. Do they remember where they were 15 years ago? 

Hopefully where they will be in 5 years.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've always been like this.

• Like 1

That was one heck of a satisfying win. Emery got the tactics just right, we frustrated them all first half then hit them with some quality. At 0-2 I was never worried they’d get back into it. Our defensive shape and organisation has improved so much under Unai, and the solid two of Kamara and Luiz gives us such a good platform to attack from. 

MOTM Luiz, but Kamara and Young both close. Watkins worked his ass off and it paid off for Buendia’s goal. McGinn’s pass to Doug for the second, beautiful! 

• Like 3

Perfect away performance for me, controlled the first 20 minutes so Spurs couldn't get going. Took our goals well and looked like the only team that was going to score, Emery was telling the team to see the game out and take the 0-2 with ten minutes left and made decent subs to counter Spurs fresh legs that came on. 

Kamara was excellent closely followed by Luiz, I hope the injuries picked up arn't too serious.

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

Â