Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

Played very well as a team, real drive, purpose and hunger, but on a day when again individual players weren’t at their best we created a couple of well worked goals. 

Where we will be when Watkins is more ruthless (or replaced), Bailey finds his groove and we upgrade McGinn makes you wonder where we can be. We also have some quality additions to come in too. Very exciting.

MASSIVE RESULT!

Young, Luiz, Kamara all excellent. Fair play to Olsen. Happy for Buendia. Good game from Ollie.

Emery knows what he's doing, eh?

Happy New Year, Villans!

• Like 4

If only we'd not played such a high line on boxing day. We'd definitely had got something out of that game.

Lads and lasses, I think it's safe to say we really do have a next level manager in charge.

Magnificent all round today, that second half was one of the best I've seen from us in years. Comfortable away from home against Tottenham. Wow.

• Like 1

good all round performance today, a bit slow out of the blocks but that was the plan and emery executed it very well indeed, there was a clear ramping up of our play and performance in the second half.

Love how the presenter said we are now 8 points clear of relegation, when they think of Villa thats what they associate us with, lower end of the table and relegation, well under Emery we aren't going to be hanging round that area any longer. 3/4 wins from Brighton, Man U, Liverpool and Spurs is very good, now we have Wolves, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester coming up, got to aim for max points in all of those games.

A real opportunity to motor up the table if we can stay consistent and win some of these games, starting with Wolves on Wednesday night under the VP floodlights.....bring it on!

• Like 1

Swedish studio after the game you'd never know that Villa had played. Not sure they've mentioned us yet. All about Spurs and what they did or didn't.

Bell ends.

• Like 2

That was superb, I thought every player was excellent. 

I gave Watkins MOTM, he worked his ass off today, I was very impressed with what I've just watched from him. 

Also, fair play to Olsen and McGinn. Too much maligned players of late and both didn't put a foot wrong. 

Big win, onwards and upwards. 

• Like 3

Â