Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

Most pleasing thing about today is that we look like a team with shape and organisation. Everyone knew their job. Excellent midfield performance from luiz/kamara and Ashley Young defying his age once again. Olsen got more confident as the game went on but for me he doesn’t command his area and his distribution isn’t as good as Emi’s. It was also good to see Coutinho come on, chase back and press. It shows his attitude is spot on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Still managed to slap McGinn priceless

I didn’t slap him, never commented on him or any other player’s performance today in my post, I am talking generally. I think a better player there improves us massively. 

MOTM for me was McGinn, chased everything and that pass for Luiz was different class, if Messi had played it the commentators would still be jizzing themselves. 

Great team performance, a couple of emery signings this month would go down well. 

• Like 2

Loved it. First half was dull as it gets but away from home against a decent side sometimes means managing the game and picking your moments, and I don't think there's many out there you'd rather have than Emery for putting that kind of plan into practice.

Could genuinely mention every single player as having done well for varying reasons, so it speaks to how well Luiz and Kamara played that they're the ones that warrant highlighting over everyone else. Have to give Dougie the nod for MOTM for sealing the game in such a quality manner though.

Luiz and Kamara will get the plaudits, but:

- Olsen was superb. Coming off his line and snatching crosses before they became a problem. Excellent

- Mings and Konsa kept Kane, Son very quiet. Solid

- Young was just superb.

- Watkins was outstanding. Winning plenty, working all game - including closing down defenders in the 96th minute. Brilliant for our first.

- Coutinho looked good in his cameo, in both attack and defense.

The only sour note was Bailey, who produced very little.

• Like 2

Gave MOTM to Dougie because he scored and assisted and he’s my favourite player (yes I’m 32 and have a favourite player) but Boubacar was outstanding today too, great partnership growing between the two of them.

Perfect away performance and closed out expertly by Emery with the subs.

One word for Olsen too, looked assured which is in so much contrast to every other time he has played for us!

Great start to 2023.

• Like 3

Spurs should have had 2/3 red cards. - Ben Davies two yellows the one he got and the one on Ashley Young, Romero well how many yellows should he get and Lenglet on our first goal there’s a blatant foul by him on Ollie borderline but could have been given. 

• Thanks 1

Spurs think they are bigger than they are, soulless ground with crap fans who only sing when they are winning.

proper Manager, give him the keys, he knows what we need and where to get it.  Awesome structure and tactics.

Only downside was McGinn’s hammy and Dougie’s knee.  Hoping nothing serious 🤞

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Coutinho best cameo in a long time

Ashley Young is evergreen

Kamara is just a level above

Douglas Luiz is becoming the player we all hoped he would

Ollie Watkins was brilliant today, another good assist

Good to see Emi grab another goal

Good to see back to back away wins at very tricky grounds

Unai Emery is a top manager isnt he

When things are going well its difficult not to type out poncey lists with spaces between points you want to make

You Ponce 😉

Just now, macandally said:

Only downside was McGinn’s hammy and Dougie’s knee.  Hoping nothing serious 🤞

I was worried about the knee, but there's no way they let Luiz back to chill on the bench if he's a serious concern

28 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

And Kamara, I apologise for my comment in the Liverpool post match thread. Does the Deschamps work brilliantly, though tut tut you should have made it three at the end lad.

I was a sceptic like you. I'm a convert today.

Â