Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Spurs should have had 2/3 red cards. - Ben Davies two yellows the one he got and the one on Ashley Young, Romero well how many yellows should he get and Lenglet on our first goal there’s a blatant foul by him on Ollie borderline but could have been given. 

Ashley Young one was strange, looked certain he was going off then gave them a throw in and the foul didn't count " because the ball was out of play" is that a new rule, questions need to be asked when decisions like that are given , it puts pressure on the refs to make the right calls next time. 

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

Ashley Young one was strange, looked certain he was going off then gave them a throw in and the foul didn't count " because the ball was out of play" is that a new rule, questions need to be asked when decisions like that are given , it puts pressure on the refs to make the right calls next time. 

Funnily enough I thought the red was fine first half. But I had a feeling he’d try and even it up second half.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish studio after the game you'd never know that Villa had played. Not sure they've mentioned us yet. All about Spurs and what they did or didn't.

Bell ends.

More or less same here in the US.  Ten seconds of "Villa played well" then Rebecca "I love the Sky clubs" Lowe immediately changed the subject.... 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

McGinn’s pass for Luiz really was Youtube compilation material. To see it and execute with perfect timing and weight, lovely. 

Goal of the season type goal that. The most amazing 1-2 . Mwah!

31 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Masterclass performance, hard to pick MOM but went for Karama, Luiz and Young could have got it. When he put cash on the wing, i was like WFT but it worked and then the three other subs confused me but again, we killed the game off. We have a PROPER manager and tactician, back him to the hilt. 

#metoo😆 Replacing a centre-back if they're not injured goes against conventional wisdom for sure, but he got it spot on.  Konsa was on a yellow and it allowed Bednarek to come in and be touch-tight and aggressive in his defending.  Son did nothing. 

31 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

yup lol. I've conceded my criticisms.

Those criticisms, as long as not personal insults, were / are absolutely  valid. He's been poor. There are elements of his game that need serious work. 

The plaudits for days like today are also valid. 

People seem to think this is all binary, either shit or fantastic. Players can be both, and fans reactions / opinions can fluctuate also.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Are we still 12th, or did the bbc not update the table yet? 

We didn't move up as a result of that win. Palace also have a game in hand on us, but there's a four point gap between us and Leicester in 13th now

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Those criticisms, as long as not personal insults, were / are absolutely  valid. He's been poor. There are elements of his game that need serious work. 

The plaudits for days like today are also valid. 

People seem to think this is all binary, either shit or fantastic. Players can be both, and fans reactions / opinions can fluctuate also.

those criticisms were aimed at the Swedish commentators ;)

Edited by osmark86

Olsen -7 fair play. Had a solid game today. Earned a first clean sheet. Dithered on a clearance once or twice and in the first half came out and needed young on the line to bail us out, but overall solid

Young 8 - terrific. A superb.professional and canny game, great clearance and disciplined performance, genuinely could keep matty on the bench for a while

Konsa 7 - tidy and solid

Mings 7 - ditto, well organised

Digne 7 -good support down the wing, part of a defence that.kept its shape well

Luiz -9.5 guy is integral to our midfield. Passing and movement on and off the ball is world class and his goal was wonderfully well taken

Kamara 8.5 - again linked up really well with Luiz, they are superb for us and give us proper bite in there as well as good movement.

Mcginn 7.5 - thought he struggled in the first half but fair play was industrious and then a lovely assist for the second goal. Going to be a great squad option

Bailey 6 - thought he struggled with the game, couple of misplaced passes, found it hard to get involved

Buendia 7 - well taken finish for the goal

Watkins 7.5 the typical hard working oldie performance and a great assist. Could have scored himself later on but not a straightforward chance

Subs, good to get minutes in players as we saw the game out well

Unai-10 got it all spot on. He knows what he's doing this fella 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Olsen -7 fair play. Had a solid game today. Earned a first clean sheet. Dithered on a clearance once or twice and in the first half came out and needed young on the line to bail us out, but overall solid

Young 8 - terrific. A superb.professional and canny game, great clearance and disciplined performance, genuinely could keep matty on the bench for a while

Konsa 7 - tidy and solid

Mings 7 - ditto, well organised

Digne 7 -good support down the wing, part of a defence that.kept its shape well

Luiz -9.5 guy is integral to our midfield. Passing and movement on and off the ball is world class and his goal was wonderfully well taken

Kamara 8.5 - again linked up really well with Luiz, they are superb for us and give us proper bite in there as well as good movement.

Mcginn 7.5 - thought he struggled in the first half but fair play was industrious and then a lovely assist for the second goal. Going to be a great squad option

Bailey 6 - thought he struggled with the game, couple of misplaced passes, found it hard to get involved

Bailey 7 - well taken finish for the goal

Watkins 7.5 the typical hard working oldie performance and a great assist. Could have scored himself later on but not a straightforward chance

Subs, good to get minutes in players as we saw the game out well

Unai-10 got it all spot on. He knows what he's doing this fella 

Two Baileys... You are Keenan and I claim my £5.

• Haha 1

Â