Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

20 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah, my new, new year’s resolution will be to perform a full scale assessment of my life. 

First up, do my kids really need a dad? 

20 hours ago, jim said:

He barely had anything to do. Even when he did he nearly fluffed his lines and [his] young bailed him out.

17 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

On a side note, I dont think I've ever so many half and half scarves at a game.

Seemed every second person was either an Asian or American tourist sporting one of them.

More like Disneyland than a Premier League match.

It was so noticeable wasn't it! One guy stood by us in the away end commented that it was like being at the casting auditions for Squid Games! 🙃

A dubious (yet slightly humorous) comment, but it was quite funny watching loads of tourists in box-fresh club shop Spurs gear all taking photos smiling at the full-time whistle when 95% of the Spurs faithful starting buggering off after Luiz's goal. It's as much of a different game off the pitch these days as it is on the pitch. 

It was a fairly dull first half because we just nullified Spurs and were content to do so for that period. That was good tactics, to frustrate them.  They lacked the creativity to break down a deeper sitting defence - If we'd played the highline like we did against Liverpool, Kane and Son would have murdered us like they have before.  It's a shame we didn't do the same against Liverpool as they were very beatable. 

Emery very impressive so far, looks like he knows what he's doing and has got buy-in from the players. 

Watkins' miss early doors was awful and typical Ollie, but he redeemed himself with his overall performance.  If he could just find a bit of composure in front of goal more often he'd be a top striker.   

• Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 15:59, Nigel said:

9 points from 12, all from teams in the top 7....simply magnificent.

Funnily enough, we now need to start looking at our record against the bottom half.  We're joint rock bottom in the league against lower half opposition. 8pts from 7 games. Tied with Southampton and Forest. Hopefully we can start against Wolves tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough, we now need to start looking at our record against the bottom half.  We're joint rock bottom in the league against lower half opposition. 8pts from 7 games. Tied with Southampton and Forest. Hopefully we can start against Wolves tomorrow.

Absolutely,  wonder how he will change it up. Will he push more or stay to the same mindset/formation?

What surprised me about Luiz's goal was how much time McGinn had to stop and tee up the pass. Nobody looked like they were close or even going to be close anytime soon.

just adding

Emery was enjoying the play even before the goal was scored.

Edited by fruitvilla

Wow. We beat Spurz away and we've got 2 pages dedicated to trying to work out who to pin the blame on for a goal we didn't concede. Villatalk at it absolute peak. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow. We beat Spurz away and we've got 2 pages dedicated to trying to work out who to pin the blame on for a goal we didn't concede. Villatalk at it absolute peak. 

Point taken. 😄

Â