Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I only caught the last half hour as we had the in-laws round… saying that I was extremely impressed. We were all over Spurs like a rash and they didn’t know what to do. We learned from previous games where we’d take the lead and then blow it late on. Best form of defence is attack. Brilliant.

Ditch the friggin in-laws….where is the loyalty? Villa or the family?….😉

Think it’s time to get a divorce, it’s getting in the way of important things.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

If you look on the BBC written reports their reaction to the 2nd Villa goal "Oh Dear" Aren't thay supposed to be neutral?

par for the course........ Biased, Bloody, Commentators......BBC

Such a good win. I thought we were a bit too slow when we had the ball in the first half. Defended well but created nothing.

As many have said already it's very hard to pick a motmedel but I have to go for Young. Especially as I doubted it was the right choice to pick him over Cash. I'm an arm chair fan, UE is a professional. Having said that I have to go against the main stream here. Young didn't save Olsen with that header, he saved himself. He was the one who didn't really follow Perisic and played him onside. Olsen did very well to stay on his feet stopping Perisic to get around him and play the ball into the empty net. But in the end I think Young was superb. As was Douglas Luiz, As was Kamara. And a few more.

UTV!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good question. While it’s harsh because he did so well, I’d have to say Emi comes back in. He’s first choice and the much better goalkeeper. 

Depends if he’s got over his hangover by then!

Edited by briny_ear

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

The togetherness of the team is really telling.

It is said that people grow closer once collectively going through a traumatic experience. Dean Smith apart, to think of the time and money wasted on mediocre/inept managers down the years.

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ditch the friggin in-laws….where is the loyalty? Villa or the family?….😉

Think it’s time to get a divorce, it’s getting in the way of important things.

Yeah, my new, new year’s resolution will be to perform a full scale assessment of my life. 

First up, do my kids really need a dad? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, my new, new year’s resolution will be to perform a full scale assessment of my life. 

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good question. While it’s harsh because he did so well, I’d have to say Emi comes back in. He’s first choice and the much better goalkeeper. 

He barely had anything to do. Even when he did he nearly fluffed his lines and Young bailed him out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

No, they need to learn life isn’t always fair 😂.   Remote parenting from Villa Park

Your job doesn’t need you 😉 Remote working from Villa Park

Damn the Wi-Fi is shocking at Villa, guess they’ll have to cope without you 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My Mrs came in just as we scored the second and asked if I’d like a cup of tea. She is still locked under the stairs.

My family know not to even bother me while the Villa are on. My brother joked once why the Villa were playing when we were younger, I think he’s still in therapy 30 years on for the repercussions 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Â