Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

@TRO coaching and tactics mate

Yeah.....Fantastic approach....I didn't see it coming.....I was hoping we wasn't going to go gungho and we didn't.

so why didn't we do that against Liverpool?, perhaps the early goal, changed things, and we reverted to type.

but, i don't think Conte is a duffer at those things either, but UE won this battle.

However, Great win.....good for the building blocks.

Edited by TRO

Great team effort, kamara my motm as the amount of interceptions he made throughout the game and accurate passing was immense, should have topped it off with a goal but that's being fussy.

Luiz and young clearly the next best today, both were excellent in defence and going forward, hopefully luiz knee is OK and it was just an awkward knock on the ground.

Watkins didn't look close to scoring however set up our 1st goal with hard work and being first to react.

Thanks to the outstanding performances of our outfield players, olsen literally had 1 shot directly at him to save at an easy height. The other shot on target he got no where near but young made a great saving header. Clearly he has been told to move off his line, something he refused to do in all other games bar his bizarre one v Liverpool, so he was able to make easy catches of the ball or pick it up rather than the forward get it and score. But let's be honest, he had little to nothing to do the entire game thank goodness. Still looks dithery and that nearly cost us at 1 point of the game, but the records will show no goals conceded, so he technically couldn't do any better.

My father in law is a spurs fan, its a rare victory for us over them, I'm going to enjoy it and hope it's going to become a regular occurrence.

Team 9/10

Manager 9/10

Result 10/10

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah.....Fantastic approach....I didn't see it coming.....I was hoping we wasn't going to go gungho and we didn't.

so why didn't we do that against Liverpool?, perhaps the early goal, changed things.

but, i don't think Conte is a duffer at those things either, but UE won this battle.

However, Great win.....good for the building blocks.

I agree, don’t understand the Liverpool game but he’s still learning the team, style, player’s abilities and he’s only human.  If he can get some of his own players in, with his coaching and tactics, we can really move up the table.  Gerrard was such a poor coach! Emery has been spot on 3 out of 4 games.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Once again, it's as clear as daylight, what a difference, a real football manager can have on a decent squad. Long may it continue. I don't think we need to be hasty in the January market either. 

• Like 2

After the comic capers against Liverpool this was match was a pleasure to watch from beginning to end. Such a controlled performance, with great contributions from everyone. MOTM was so hard. Kamara is so good and has formed great partnerships with Dougie and Ashley Young (can Emery afford to drop Ash the way he is playing?)

In the end though it has to go to DL for his role in both goals, as well as a commanding performance in midfield.

Great start to the New Year!

• Like 2

Just now, briny_ear said:

After the comic capers against Liverpool this was match was a pleasure to watch from beginning to end. Such a controlled performance, with great contributions from everyone. MOTM was so hard. Kamara is so good and has formed great partnerships with Dougie and Ashley Young (can Emery afford to drop Ash the way he is playing?)

In the end though it has to go to DL for his role in both goals, as well as a commanding performance in midfield.

Great start to the New Year!

ditto.

such a pleasing performance, to my eyes.....so mature.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Missed the game but always nice to see the likes of guardian claim we can only win because Spurs were “error-strewn” - not that the better team won 🙃🙃

Spurs, were negated, simple as that.

2 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Kamara is one hell of a player. Superb today.

I love his play.

him and Luiz, look so comfortable together.

Edited by TRO

Happy New Year Tottenham !

I just read quite a shocking stat, that it's the first time since 1988 that they've conceded two or more goals in seven league matches in a row. And this is with their seven man defence system (kind of) like Southagate's before the World Cup. Conte's continuation looking shaky...

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, does Olsen keep the shirt for the next game? 

Good question. While it’s harsh because he did so well, I’d have to say Emi comes back in. He’s first choice and the much better goalkeeper. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, don’t understand the Liverpool game but he’s still learning the team, style, player’s abilities and he’s only human.  If he can get some of his own players in, with his coaching and tactics, we can really move up the table.  Gerrard was such a poor coach!

He learns very quick....9 points out of 12

Man U- Brighton-Liverpool- Spurs.....All above us.

What a turn around.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I only caught the last half hour as we had the in-laws round… saying that I was extremely impressed. We were all over Spurs like a rash and they didn’t know what to do. We learned from previous games where we’d take the lead and then blow it late on. Best form of defence is attack. Brilliant.

• Like 1

Â