Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

good all round performance today, a bit slow out of the blocks but that was the plan and emery executed it very well indeed, there was a clear ramping up of our play and performance in the second half.

Love how the presenter said we are now 8 points clear of relegation, when they think of Villa thats what they associate us with, lower end of the table and relegation, well under Emery we aren't going to be hanging round that area any longer. 3/4 wins from Brighton, Man U, Liverpool and Spurs is very good, now we have Wolves, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester coming up, got to aim for max points in all of those games.

A real opportunity to motor up the table if we can stay consistent and win some of these games, starting with Wolves on Wednesday night under the VP floodlights.....bring it on!

Yeah it's narrative they want to spin. The whole post match analysis was about Spurs. It's a joke. 

• Like 1

I thought Young and Kamara were the stand out players, with Dougie Luiz growing into the game and scoring an exceptional goal.

Lots of other players had good games - McGinn worked very hard and was unlucky to pull up with what looked like a hamstring injury.

Buendia and Watkins were both very busy and caused Spurs a lot of problems.

Bailey was probably the only starter who looked below par.

Impressed with some of Olsen’s keeping, but he still looks shocking with the ball at his feet.

2-0 away at Spurs is no mean feat, and it was the manner of the victory that impressed. It felt like Unai had envisioned this exact sequence of events. Let them have the ball, but don’t let them have many decent chances, and then carve through them when we can. The shot stats (heavily in our favour) were pretty remarkable given how much time Spurs spent camped in our half.

Great result!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

9 points from 12, all from teams in the top 7....simply magnificent.

Am I right in thinking that under Gerrard we got a grand total of 2 points from the top 7 in almost a whole year?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Swedish studio after the game you'd never know that Villa had played. Not sure they've mentioned us yet. All about Spurs and what they did or didn't.

Bell ends.

yeah I'm getting a little annoyed at it. If Eric Niva was there I'd understand it, but none of these guys are Spurs fans.

How about a single **** word about how well we played?

• Like 1

Masterclass performance, hard to pick MOM but went for Karama, Luiz and Young could have got it. When he put cash on the wing, i was like WFT but it worked and then the three other subs confused me but again, we killed the game off. We have a PROPER manager and tactician, back him to the hilt. 

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

yeah I'm getting a little annoyed at it. If Eric Niva was there I'd understand it, but none of these guys are Spurs fans.

How about a single **** word about how well we played?

...and just as I say that FINALLY they've decided to talk about Villa XD

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I gave MOTM to Ashley Young. To be this good at his age in the toughest league in the world is simply magnificent.

Especially when he can’t even move anymore 😉

• Like 1

Â