• Young (Ramsey 69)
    • Bailey (Buendía 74)
    • Augustinsson (Digne 82)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 83)
    • Archer (Ings 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/11/22 at 23:59

Great result ahead of the break. Two very rare things of late: winning away and winning after going behind.

For the non-penalty, yes I'm sure I would have wanted it given for us, but it was also kind of a lunging tackle from March, he's not taking the ball under control diving in like that. Think that's why not given. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure how anyone can claim it wasn’t a penalty for them. It’s a savage foul, albeit accidental. It’s a penalty. Absolutely no doubt about it. 

Yep. It was entirely accidental in my opinion - he wasn’t being malicious. But it was still a penalty. If the ref had given it, they would have upheld I reckon.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Have to admit I closed my eyes instinctively the moment Augustinsson came on, and kept them shut for the rest of the match.

Did he do as bad as in the midweek, or were there any redeeming qualities to spot?

No He was fine today

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure how anyone can claim it wasn’t a penalty for them. It’s a savage foul, albeit accidental. It’s a penalty. Absolutely no doubt about it. 

Savage 🤣 Never a pen If there was a foul it was the other way!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The ball hit Dignes standing leg before he made contact with the Brighton player, watch it again and watch the flight of the ball. Don't follow the media led opinion, their mostly clueless and I doubt they even noticed it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Fantastic result.

I'm extremely pleased with that. To come from behind and win is something I thought was impossible for this group of players.

We didn't play well, but had a few good moments, and had to defend really well. These kind of results is what get teams like ours European football. It's not the outplay the opposition and win a majority of the time, thats for the teams with the very best players.  Half the time we will need to grind out a win when we deserve a draw, or grind out a draw when we should lose.

Throw in we lacked any real pace in attack and had McGinn on the pitch (who actually did okay, but still lacked quality).

Referee was rubbish as usual, however the commentary was worse, as usual! The commentary is so biased, ill informed, and inaccurate these days.

Martinez - 6 - Poor pass to Luiz for their goal. Otherwise solid.

Cash - 7 - Solid in defense, good pull back for Buendia's header against the post.

Konsa - 7 - Cleaned everything up that Mings couldn't, poor playing out from the back. Need a better centre back so he can play back up ideally.

Mings - 8 - Imperious at the back today. Too slow on the ball when playing out for my liking.

Digne - 7 - Did well defensively, penned in and couldn't really contribute going forward. The rejected penalty shout was rightly rejected. If that was a penalty, then Mac Allisters goal should've been ruled out for a foul.

Kamara - 7 - Worked hard, usaually in the right place at right time defensively, going to be a very important player for us, not there yet though.

Luiz -8 - Good distribution as usual, put himself about, caught unawares on the goal, but was played into trouble. More than made up for that with the assist.

McGinn - 7 - Worked hard, disrupted Brighton well, Won the penalty, but got bypassed too easliy on his flank at times.

Buendia - 6 - Worked hard, played some good passes, but also gave the ball away a lot. Should've scored that header.

Ramsey - 8 - Did well defensively, worked hard, assisted the penalty. Was our most dangerous player. Faded in the second half.

Ings - 8 - Scored two goals! Although the penalty was nearly saved, and the second got a lucky deflection. Linked up well at times, but did little else outside the goals. Not a viable option in the medium to long term.

Subs:

Bailey - 6 - Didn't really offer the threat we would expect, but was ill. Worked hard and defended as best he could.

Augustinson - 6 - Defended okay, not much else to say.

Young - 6 - Played as an outside right back / wing back. Did little on the ball, gave Cash extra protection.

Archer - 6 - Ran hard and pressed well, looked bright, but had nothing to feed off.

DenDonker - 6 - Stronger defensive presense than Luiz, almost played as a third centre back at times.

Buendia assisted the peno and it was hardly a simple header to put away. 

6 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Buendia assisted the peno and it was hardly a simple header to put away. 

The header should've been on target. You are right it was buendia that assisted the peno. Luiz assisted the second goal. and Ramsey didn't get any assist. I guess I could bump Buendia upto a 7 for the assist. Ramsy still deserves an 8 though.

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Fwiw I thought he was are poorest player today in an overall excellent team performance although he was effective In injury time.

Agree completely. During the 1st half all of their approach play was coming down that side because he was blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes.

He hasn't looked fit for about 2 years. Loved him in the promotion team and at the start of our 1st PL season he did ok for a while until the pace of the league caught up with him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree. The first stage is Digne clearing the ball (attempting) and the second is the Brighton player throwing himself at the ball, he’s already lost his balance. Had Digne taken a touch before the clearance I would agree. It’s just a coming together nothing more. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I disagree. The first stage is Digne clearing the ball (attempting) and the second is the Brighton player throwing himself at the ball, he’s already lost his balance. Had Digne taken a touch before the clearance I would agree. It’s just a coming together nothing more. 

A coming together? Digne boots his ankle and doesn’t kick the ball. How is it not a penalty? It’s accidental, granted, but it’s still a blatant penalty/foul. Without question. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A coming together? Digne boots his ankle and doesn’t kick the ball. How is it not a penalty? It’s accidental, granted, but it’s still a blatant penalty/foul. Without question. 

Absolutely not. He touches the ball with his back leg and it is the Brighton player moving into Digne that makes the contact. For once they got that 100% right

Never in the reign of Pigs pudding is that a penalty and I would say the same if it had been the other way round

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Absolutely not. He touches the ball with his back leg and it is the Brighton player moving into Digne that makes the contact. For once they got that 100% right

Never in the reign of Pigs pudding is that a penalty and I would say the same if it had been the other way round

100% a Penalty.

Â