• Young (Ramsey 69)
    • Bailey (Buendía 74)
    • Augustinsson (Digne 82)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 83)
    • Archer (Ings 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/11/22 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A coming together? Digne boots his ankle and doesn’t kick the ball. How is it not a penalty? It’s accidental, granted, but it’s still a blatant penalty/foul. Without question. 

The ball hits Diane's standing leg before he makes contact with the Brighton player. This means he has played the ball before he kicked the approaching Brighton player.  It's not a penalty but it was lucky it hit his standing leg. 

• Like 2

At this point in time, don’t care how we win as long as we do.  However, we have a shape, we have tactics that are tailored to opposition and situation, like a proper Manager brings.  For that, we have something to look forward to, still a project, but one that’s taking shape nicely 

When they scored their goal, I was convinced that there was no way back for Villa, and they were about to get steam-rollered.

I guess, I've been thunderstruck!

Thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Yeah, yeah, yeah, thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Yeah, yeah, yeah, said, yeah, it's alright, we're doin' fine
Yeah, it's alright, we're doin' fine, fine, fine
Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
Thunderstruck, whoa, baby, baby
Thunderstruck, I've been thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, I've been thunderstruck

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

100% a Penalty.

Have to disagree - first - the ball was blocked - second - the contact - and one can certainly argue the movement was entirely natural. Just can't see how it's a pen. 

Infuriates me that we have to act like that to get a win... but I'll absolutely take it.

Its what teams have done against us for years and we've never succeeded in doing it against an opponent because we're always the good guys.

I'd love it if we didn't have to resort to that to win, but **** it. We deserved some luck, the ref was useless, and the PL is corrupt so tough shit Brighton, Villa aren't taking it lying down any more, just a shame you're the first team we've turned up against in 20 years.

Emery has got this team on fire in 10 days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Absolutely not. He touches the ball with his back leg and it is the Brighton player moving into Digne that makes the contact. For once they got that 100% right

Never in the reign of Pigs pudding is that a penalty and I would say the same if it had been the other way round

It isn't the Brighton player moving towards Digne that makes the contact.

It's Dignes air shot that makes the contact. An air shot he makes because the Brighton player got to the ball first.

The next "phase" where the ball has hit the defenders standing leg dont override that for me (even if that happened before Digne booted the Brighton player).

Be interested to see if Brighton get a VAR apology as I thought it was a stonewall penalty. Kicking someone isn't negated because the ball touched another part of your body

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Did it sound like carragher wanted us to lose badly because his mate got the sack. Every few seconds oh we need time added on here and then it was the constant it should be a penalty shout but he said it in a manner where he really wanted brighton to win

There's Brighton fans that don't think it was a penalty, Villa fans that do, and then the obvious reverse view for most fans. 

But absolutely no-one on the planet that wanted it to be a penalty more than dear Jamie. The bias in his commentary was not subtle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No penalty because Digne didn't even see the player coming, he had already started to swing his leg before the player was there, this is why they made the 'correct decision'.

I agree but I am sort of amazed it wasn’t given… the standard of referring is so poor they seem obsessed with making headlines and being the star of the show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinka said:

The ball hits Diane's standing leg before he makes contact with the Brighton player. This means he has played the ball before he kicked the approaching Brighton player.  It's not a penalty but it was lucky it hit his standing leg. 

The ball hits Digne’s standing leg because Marsh has run in, played the ball against Digne and then got his leg kicked.

It should’ve been a penalty - of course it should’ve, I’ve have been fuming if we didn’t get that.

Massive win today. Didn’t like the way we closed out the game - IMO we should be better than that, but we held on for the 3 points and that’s all that really matters. 

Â