• Young (Ramsey 69)
    • Bailey (Buendía 74)
    • Augustinsson (Digne 82)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 83)
    • Archer (Ings 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/11/22 at 23:59

20 hours ago, tinka said:

The ball hits Diane's standing leg before he makes contact with the Brighton player. This means he has played the ball before he kicked the approaching Brighton player.  It's not a penalty but it was lucky it hit his standing leg. 

was she wearing stockings, poor thing?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, John said:

Love some of those posts on "North Stand Chat", such as:

"Most will go back to Worcester or Stafford. Proper Brummies don’t support that lot." :D

A great win.

Was it a penalty? They always used to say that the referee's decision is final.... and it is now. ;)

A touch of the old Everton (back pass to the keeper from the half way line) and "1-0 to the Arsenal" about our time management yesterday... 12. Queen Elizabeth II - Page 117 - 2022 Names - DeathList Forum

Are they talking about me? How dare they. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

What Luiz did for the assist, is something I have wanted him to be doing for some time.....I think he is getting better, at getting his foot in,  despite the lapse in concentration, for their goal aided by a sleepy Martinez.

I think that part of his game has benefited thanks to the improved pressing. having another sit alongside him gives him the freedom to get higher up the pitch where he can do that also. I felt that was negligent from Martinez. It's why he is the only member of the defense (outside the subs) I gave a 6 to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villadevon said:

Does it strike any one else as proper weird that adults are recording men getting off a bus at the start of this video? Like, what do you get from that that makes you want to record it? Bizarre behaviour. 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 16:06, tinker said:

The ball hit Dignes standing leg before he kicked the Brighton player, he was very luck it did though.

Tough game today, Brighton are a good team.

Never a penalty in a million years.

Had Digne not moved, the Brighton player would still have run into him and gone down.

If we ever get to a stage where running into someone in the penalty area is a stonewall penalty, the game will be done - ridiculous.

Carraghers commentary on it was also embarrassing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Jealousy is an awful thing. 😁

Just had a read through that thread and the match thread on their forum, they really aren't taking the defeat well.

No mention whatsoever of:

• Mac Allister fouling Luiz before their goal
  • No red card for Dunk. Last Man?
  • Caicedo hand ball

Selective memory it would appear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pinebro said:

When was the last time we won a game like that?

Not only the 'ugly' win but coming back from a losing position too?

Can’t remember how ugly a win it was, but I think the last time we won from a losing position was beating Leicester 2-1 last December.

My main memory of that game was the has Schmeichel got control of the ball with just his hand on it? incident.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Does it strike any one else as proper weird that adults are recording men getting off a bus at the start of this video? Like, what do you get from that that makes you want to record it? Bizarre behaviour. 

It's not like they're complete strangers getting off a coach going to Skegness. Nothing weird about someone recording the matchday preparations. 

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not like they're complete strangers getting off a coach going to Skegness. Nothing weird about someone recording the matchday preparations. 

I suppose if you equate getting up off your bus seat, picking up your bag, walking to the door and going down some steps as "matchday preparations", then yeah, its completely normal to record that sequence of events.

31 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I suppose if you equate getting up off your bus seat, picking up your bag, walking to the door and going down some steps as "matchday preparations", then yeah, its completely normal to record that sequence of events.

In a World of mass social media, and you find the recording of professional footballers getting off a coach bizarre? Get a grip.

20 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I think that part of his game has benefited thanks to the improved pressing. having another sit alongside him gives him the freedom to get higher up the pitch where he can do that also. I felt that was negligent from Martinez. It's why he is the only member of the defense (outside the subs) I gave a 6 to.

50/50 for me.....If playing out from the back, is a common theme, you have to be ready and switched on, a simple pass to Lucas Digne, would have been on, bar for a lackadaisical response......Albeit a foul, could have been given.

However, I do agree, Martinez, was untypically dim, in his decision, to play the short ball upfield, directly in front of his own goal....we have to cut out these stupid errors....There was no reason, to not play it to Mings.

Seems like we have upset the applecart, by winning at Brighton.

No meals out for the bookmakers, this weekend....... No heady heights for the Brighton Fans and the media, with egg on their faces.

It seems, the typical Villa collapse, didn't happen and the world of football tipped upside down.....ah deeeeeeeeeeee dums.

Now they all know how we have felt, when teams create time wasting scenario's against us......if you can't beat them, join them, is a natural progression.

Some of the things written about us, is desperate at best......Without the Gift ( with a bow ribbon around it) what did they do?

We played them at their own game, funny how that can so easily miff people......Double standards here, boys.

Â