• Young (Ramsey 69)
    • Bailey (Buendía 74)
    • Augustinsson (Digne 82)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 83)
    • Archer (Ings 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/11/22 at 23:59

Absolutely fantastic. Expected a loss today - think that negativity is ingrained from the years following the Villa. Young and McGinn brilliant at closing that out. Kamara MOTM for me. He did not stop running or putting his boot in - amazing to think he’s been out. Emery clearly likes what he sees as he as put two 90 minute performances in over the last few days. Touch if class on the ball as well. 

Did it sound like carragher wanted us to lose badly because his mate got the sack. Every few seconds oh we need time added on here and then it was the constant it should be a penalty shout but he said it in a manner where he really wanted brighton to win

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

There has to be a reason why Smith, Gerrard and now our current manager feel McGinn is worthy of a place in the starting 11, he is the personfication of a team player. No frills, a few wayward passes but for sheer commitment and honest endeavour, he's a manager's dream.

Imo the thing that McGinn did so well today was not trying to do too much which I think stems from confidence in himself and starting to buy into the system. It was nice to see.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

We are an interesting watch these days, that's for sure. Today seemed to be bend, don't break, then kill. We were frustrating at times but got away with it. Coming back to win away from home is not often done, and certainly not by us, so that's a huge 3 points and now we're 3 off Brighton in 7th. Happiness.

Frustrating at times is a vast improvement. Happiness,  as you say 

12 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

A full month of proper coaching, most of the players still here too. Liverpool are gonna have a tough one on Boxing Day

I see no reason why we can’t beat them. Villa Park will be bouncing on Boxing Day, Emery’s lads will be well up for it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There has to be a reason why Smith, Gerrard and now our current manager feel McGinn is worthy of a place in the starting 11, he is the personfication of a team player. No frills, a few wayward passes but for sheer commitment and honest endeavour, he's a manager's dream.

I thought he was great today. It must be great for the players having a coach who knows what he’s talking about and helps them both as individuals and a team. If he continues to help SJM to keep his S then that’s a great boost for the team. More improvement in a few days than Slippy G managed in almost a year. 

• Like 1

Came from behind. Tick. Two goals for Ings. Tick. Looked fairly secure at the back defending. Tick. 

Happy. Do want us to not go to shithousery quite so soon in the future,   but needs must. I guess we get an automatic fine for 7 yellow cards don't we? 

What I do also respect is with still a good 10mins plus stoppages to go Emery was brave enough to make 3 subs at once, including Archer.

But so many good vibes to take from that

How good would Buendias headed goal have been if cash hadn't rifled it at 100mph at.his head :crylaugh:

Edited by Rodders
Autocorrect errors :D

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Imo the thing that McGinn did so well today was not trying to do too much which I think stems from confidence in himself and starting to buy into the system. It was nice to see.

With McGinn you're always guaranteed 90 minutes of graft. Every successful team needs those kind of players. 

Â