Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

The first goal for them and the second has nothing to do with Olsen. Let's have that right. Twice we have had the lead and twice we chucked it away cheaply.

I disagree greatly. 

Just now, osmark86 said:

I'm a Swede. He's not really respected.

Tbf up until about 2 years ago he still did fine for Sweden. He's hardly played any club games since thou and it really shows. He's content with picking up a paycheck.

Just now, jim said:

I’m not convinced Martinez saves the first two. Third is due to his poor pass.

And Martinez comes off his line to narrow that space behind our defence for the first two. 

• Like 2

Just now, El Zen said:

Hardly. 

Olsen has looked shaky every time he’s played for us, and pretty much any time I’ve seen him play for a club side. 

lol exactly. hasn't been one single Sweden game where I've thought "oh thank **** we have Olsen in goal!"

• Haha 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Keeper has let everyone down, simple as that. We’ve scored 2 goals which is great but you can’t account for brainless play like that.

The defending for the first two cost us.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Our defending in general has been reprehensible and embarrassing. No one who was trying to stake a claim for the side has made a positive impression. Except Ashley Young. Rest of the back ups are terrible

You're being kind (I imagine deliberately so) to Mings and Konsa there, who have both been awful too. Only defender so far with any credit to his name here is Young. Awful performances to a man otherwise

Just now, Philosopher said:

Watkins did score the opener.

I really don’t care he’s an awful awful footballer. He runs so for some reason he gets forgiven for always miscontrolling the ball, always being offside, always being muscled off, always smashing it straight at the keeper. The guy costs us points. 

• Like 1