Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

The likes of Bailey and Buendia were able to help us play through the press with quality first touches and first time passes. We don't have that with Mcginn on the pitch. 

Ings isn't involved and Watkins great hold up play from the weekend isn't there tonight. 

We've defended well and done our job though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wonder why Luiz's corner doesn't count as a shot on target? Is it because it was a corner or because a defender saved it?

The latter I think 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Having look on redcafe it's tough to figure out which set of fans more disappointed

I'm not disappointed at all...  Very happy so far.  Our 2nd string backline/Goalkeeper kept a clean sheet away at Old Trafford so far and we've still had the better chances at the other end.  Man United look lost and out of ideas.  

• Like 2

We’ve been very careless in possession, Olsen in particular.

We have a game plan which looks to involve just boring them to death by knocking it around at the back.

In Emery we trust, but that was a tedious watch. 

Hopefully we can pinch a goal from somewhere. 

Olsen is a flappy crisp packets fumble from a set piece waiting to happen. He just reminds me so much of Nyland, looks scared of the ball and isn't at all commanding. I want to be more positive as he's not done anything wrong here but his last 2 showings and his general demeanor don't fill me with any confidence at all.