Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

Yea hoping for a completely different line up for this one. Might as well rest Bailey etc whilst we can. Might be a good idea to keep some of the defenders from the weekend in, along with Dendoncker. Would like to see Sanson, Augustinsson, Bednarek and Archer start though. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yea hoping for a completely different line up for this one. Might as well rest Bailey etc whilst we can. Might be a good idea to keep some of the defenders from the weekend in, along with Dendoncker. Would like to see Sanson, Augustinsson, Bednarek and Archer start though. 

Dendoncker and Bednarek are cup tied.

75k sellout with 7.5k of our faithful attending. Should be alot of fun. I am just hoping for a win . Any kind of win. I want Emery to be our lucky manager as well as our super talented manager. And then to win again on Sunday so i can spend the next 6 weeks dreaming of us flying up the table .

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Pretty sure Nassef would have earmarked the importance of cup competitions. It was evident in how strong Gerrard went in the last round. 

It’s a no brainer isn’t it? One it’s a trophy and two it’s a gateway into Europe. It’s shocking how many teams don’t put the effort into a cup run.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We'll be resting no-one—not with the chance of winning something in the League cup and two games left before the stupid world cup.

Absolutely. 

With so many prem teams drawing each other in this round there will be a minimum of 8 prem teams going out, and likely 9 or 10, including Chelsea or man city. Only need a similar draw in the next round and there will only be a few prem teams left.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just realized I don't think I've had the inclination to read a pre-match thread in about 8 months :D

All praise Unai!

I watched MOTD on catchup on Monday. Definitely the first one I've watched this year. I also watched back some 'as live' reaction videos (like this one (youtube link)) of the match to get some extra cheer from it :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

I watched MOTD on catchup on Monday. Definitely the first one I've watched this year. I also watched back some 'as live' reaction videos (like this one (youtube link)) of the match to get some extra cheer from it :)

I don't tend to watch video streams of incels in their moms spare room, but live and let live ;) :D

• Haha 2

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I don't tend to watch video streams of incels in their moms spare room, but live and let live ;) :D

Me neither but this is quite cathartic watching grown men scream and wail like the most spoilt toddler. They grew up winning absolutely everything and they don't know how to handle defeat. It would bring a happy tear to your eye :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I'm not - let's put them to the sword and smash the crap out of them!

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

75k sellout with 7.5k of our faithful attending. Should be alot of fun. I am just hoping for a win . Any kind of win. I want Emery to be our lucky manager as well as our super talented manager. And then to win again on Sunday so i can spend the next 6 weeks dreaming of us flying up the table .

Don't United force their season ticket holders to buy the cup games even if they have no intention of going? Might be a sellout but the seats may not be full.

Villa's end will of course be packed :thumb:

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

From a United forum, we really rattled them 🤣

"I mean its laughable that Emery comes back to haunt us and destroys a 27 year record on his debut match. Dont you tell me new manager's bounce is fiction.

Cannot stand Villa the game raising bastards, I swear Jacob Ramsey only bothers when hes playing us. Same as the rest of them.

All that bitterness aside, it absolutely favours us to bin this off straight away, and probably the FA cup too. I think this season we just seriously need to put all of our eggs in one basket be it the Europa or aiming for Top 4. We simply cannot afford to miss out on CL again and miss out on sponsor money that will likely fund the summer transfer budget."

Most of them don't seem bothered about this cup.  We should be up for this.

I mean we've beat them like, 5 times in my entire life (35), but yea, we sure do only play well when we're playing you.. 

Jesus Christ :lol:

There is literally no other team we regularly lose against as much as we do against United, they should be the absolute last group of fans moaning about us! 

• Like 1

I'm hopeful the lineup will vs united midweek will be

Olsen

Gilbert - Bednarek - Chambers - young

Sanson - Kamara

Archer - Coutinho - Youth Player

Ings

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm hopeful the lineup will vs united midweek will be

Olsen

Gilbert - Bednarek - Chambers - young

Sanson - Kamara

Archer - Coutinho - Youth Player

Ings

Bednarek is cup tied so he won’t be playing.