Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

I guess all we can hope for is that the cheating is so blatant that it gets called out on TV. 

I figure they will reckon the best way to do it whilst looking 'organic' will be to send one of ours off early for a soft challenge, and then let Man U beat 10 men for 60 mins. I reckon red card for Mings or Luiz at some point between 10 mins and 20 mins. 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I guess all we can hope for is that the cheating is so blatant that it gets called out on TV. 

They did that with the elbow based assault in the last game, has there been a retrospective red card for that yet?

Just now, romavillan said:

They did that with the elbow based assault in the last game, has there been a retrospective red card for that yet?

Only Villa fans were calling that out, it didn't even get shown on the Sky Sports or MOTD highlights. Players on the field should have gone apeshit to force it onto highlights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

On the, um, online coverage, I was watching they showed it and said the ref "must have missed it".

Red card all day long, how it's not been given after the fact I don't know

Little rivers?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

On the, um, online coverage, I was watching they showed it and said the ref "must have missed it".

Red card all day long, how it's not been given after the fact I don't know

Not quite sure how he missed it, given that Bailey was winded on the floor for about a minute. 

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

You got me there, I can get beer, so I'll get the **** beer smart arse.

twas a plan so cunning you put a tail on it and called it a weasel

Almost worked as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really looking forward to this one...

• Will EtH play a full strength squad or elect to rotate?  Is he going to switch their system around to not allow us so much space to move the ball around?
  • Is Emery going to go with the same formation, or will he tweak things again?
  • Will Emery rotate the squad to give other players a run (Ings, Sanson, Kamara, Chambers, etc.)?

It would make my day to see us smash the red plastics twice in a week...  Their fans will be in full meltdown mode again.  

• Like 1

I think Emery can rotate a bit and still put out a side as strong as the one that won on Sunday. 

Whether he ill or not is another matter, he's said the dream is a trophy and to lay in Europe. The fastest way to do that would be to win the League Cup this season :D

I can't see them going full strength for this so if the aim is a trophy would be a good opportunity to play a strong side and go for it. It'll be very interesting to see who's picked anyway, possibly Kamara and Luiz getting a run out together in a side with some proper tactics...

12 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Full strength is the only option really. There's a break after Sunday anyway. 

if you mean a break of 3 days then sure.

we play Manure on the 10th, then Brighton away on the 13th.

there is then a break until the 26th dec.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if you mean a break of 3 days then sure.

we play Manure on the 10th, then Brighton away on the 13th.

there is then a break until the 26th dec.

"There's a break after Sunday anyway" 

We play Brighton on Sunday. 

• Haha 1

On 07/11/2022 at 19:28, one_ian_taylor said:

Does it make sense to start  Kamara? He's  made an amazing recovery, but should he be starting so soon?

Chambers or Nakamba other options (or Sanson)

Have France named their WC squad yet? If not I am sure he is desperate to start to give himself even a slight chance.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Have France named their WC squad yet? If not I am sure he is desperate to start to give himself even a slight chance.

France squad getting named today so he will know before the game whether he is going or not. The match fitness could do him good but I don’t expect him to play more than a half hour either Thursday or Sunday. 

Emi1

Cash Konsa Mings Young

Sanson Kamara Luiz Ramsey

Watkins Archer

Digne just came back from injury, so not sure I would start him 3x in a week. Give Archer and Sanson a chance and let Bailey and Emi2 come on around the hour mark to destroy some tired legs.

• Like 1