Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

I said before the Sunday match that it would be very interesting to see what emery tried first and how players responded.  But I didn’t think that one match would tell us much about the future.  

i think the same about this one.  Really interesting to see Unai’s thought process to set us up for this one.  My prediction? Similar, but with a surprising twist in the tactic.   More roving attacks from center half and center mid?   Or more deep crossed from the wing pushing up cash and Dinge.   What we did. worked well, but I don’t think Unai will like us to be too predictable.  

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

They will rotate nearly every player.

Their legs will be a challenge, but we can win again here.

I'd bring in Kamara for Donk and maybe Sanson for Buendia just to freshen it up.

Donk is cup tied so most probable change 

there's no way Unai doesn't go pretty much full strength (fitness permitting) The lads have a full World Cup break and although another game 3 days later Euro cup teams have to play that many games all the time so we can do it. Go full strength , knock these frauds out of the cup, this is what Emery does the best....Cup football is his thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Same reasons as yesterday or when we beat them at Old Trafford last year? 

I fancied us to beat them on the weekend but not Thursday

The following reasons we will lose:

Emery is a great cup manager

We've just played them off the park

They have other priorities

Things are looking good for us and hope is returning

No Steven gerrard

9 minutes ago, Adman said:

I fancied us to beat them on the weekend but not Thursday

The following reasons we will lose:

Emery is a great cup manager

We've just played them off the park

They have other priorities

Things are looking good for us and hope is returning

No Steven gerrard

So, you’re a United fan? 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Donk is cup tied so most probable change 

Does it make sense to start  Kamara? He's  made an amazing recovery, but should he be starting so soon?

Chambers or Nakamba other options (or Sanson)

Edited by one_ian_taylor

8 hours ago, Adman said:

We all know deep down that we're losing this game

I would assume that ManU is still the favourite, and with only one match under Emery it is difficult to say what is the average performance level of the team. Did we over-perform on Sunday or is that the level the team will deliver week after week? In addition Emery would have doubled the number days he have coached the players, will that mean an improvement in performance on Thursday?

Unless we would only concentrate on the league and field a weaken side, I’m slightly optimistic that we can progress to the next round. It feels kinda wrong to be expecting us to beat ManU twice in just a couple of days, but hopefully this is the new normal now. 

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

Do you wanna bet against us?

I wouldnt but asay from home with the united team, the ref, the linos and VAR against you its gonna be tough.

There was a year i remember where we played united in league and then cup and lost both. Id love it if we did that to them this week so they know how it feels