Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

But it is to be followed by a 14 minute VAR review, and ultimately disallowed, as Emery's right foot was shown to be outside of his technical area as Ings took the shot.

Yeah, The VAR meeting was called by SAF last night with the instructions! 

article-2327157-19E07401000005DC-669_634x392.jpg

article-2327157-19E0724A000005DC-183_634x418.jpg

• Haha 2

I would imagine we'll slightly change the game plan this time, and maybe set out to frustrate and hit them on the break a bit more.

Having caught them cold at the start of both halves at the weekend the temptation would be to try that again, though I think a little more patience is probably required this time around.

Will certainly be interesting to see both line-ups and how strong they are, I think Emery will go pretty strong, he'll want to keep this momentum going, but we'll maybe see some subs a bit sooner to save legs/avoid injuries to those towards the red zone. We both have tricky fixtures three days after this so I think there will be some changes.

It's a shame Dendonker is cup tied, seems to of hit a nice little run of form and keeps things ticking over, Kamara the obvious replacement, though I doubt he's got a full 90 in him just yet, so we may well see the lesser spotted Sanson again at some point. I'd like to see a bit of Archer if fit, he needs some game time and has waited long enough for some decent minutes. Not playing is not helping his development any.

I think it will be a close game, maybe not great on quality due to all the changes, I'd love a win, but it will be a tough ask.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Does it make sense to start  Kamara? He's  made an amazing recovery, but should he be starting so soon?

Chambers or Nakamba other options (or Sanson)

The fact he came straight back without any U21 game time makes me think he's not that far off, Maybe they will assess at HT/60mins and swap for Sanson/Nakamba?

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

We got this!..

Referee - Mike Dean 

Assistants - Kevin Friend & Anthony Taylor 

VAR - Howard Webb 

Assistant VAR - Phil Dowd 

Wow, they are making sure this time aren't they? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Is this on TV anywhere?

I'll be watching at my house, bring some crumpets, marmite, branston pickle and beer and you're more than welcome. Can't get that stuff post Brexit here. DM me and I'll ping you the address.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I'll be watching at my house, bring some crumpets, marmite, branston pickle and beer and you're more than welcome. Can't get that stuff post Brexit here. DM me and I'll ping you the address.

Can't get beer? 🤯

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are sold out as well. Mental for a thursday night. Are all our fans influencers or something. 

Come for the Villa, you've only come for the Villa... 

• Like 1

Shoretire, Bernard & Emeran pictured training with their 1st team and Pellistri with a chance to feature. ETH may have prioritised the league. I think we can safely say Emery loves a cup run :D