• Olsen (Martínez 35)
    • Ramset (Bailey 61)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 61)
    • McGinn (Dendoncker 69)
    • Digne (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/22 at 23:59

You can say all you like about our players, they are no worse than that Newcastle team. The only difference is I saw is work rate. Newcastle never stopped, we gave it up in the second half, weather it was due to fitness, or discipline. I'm confident Emery will sort it, an if he can't, players will be replaced, as its gonna be hard to blame the manager this time!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why are our player so weak and unfit?

The lady commentator mentioned that Newcastle players look fitter than us.

Aside from that, i've been saying for a while that teams in the Premier League are getting bigger and stronger and we are still relatively small and feeble.

A notion rubbished by some.

Our best actual athletes are probably Mings, Carlos and Dendonker. Ollie is also an incredible athlete but unfortunately, he's not great at actual football alot of the time.

Ultimately, we were blown away by a bigger, stronger team, with better footballers in key areas.

We fought very well in the first half though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Newcastle twitter admin adding salt in the wounds by posting a pic from the game with the caption 'Sob on the Tyne'. They seemed to have had this one circled from before. Ah well.

In their best run of form in 25 years but still have the Holte End living rent free in their heads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Positives,

Emery has a clean slate to do what he wants, some of the favourites on here are being shown to be what they are, average footballers with no bottle.

Martinez, Dendonker and Mings all showed enough to be retained,. 

Cash and Konsa are not on it atm, but have shown enough previously that they are reasonable players.

Our 2 best players are out injured, so will be back.

Archer might be ok, Bailey is hot and cold. Its a no from me regarding Ings and Watkins.

Never have done, and never will rate Luiz, Ramsey needs dropping , McGinn needs a change. When fit, Kamara and Dendonker in midfield.

PC and Buendia, need better players, making better runs in front of them.

Noocastle are a good team, and atm Guimares is one of the best players in the Prem., with 2 good CHs. 

You almost made this a perfect statement until you said you never rated Luiz which is somewhat odd, luiz and kamara are our best midfielders 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

am I reading things right from some posts, it's now the coaches or lack of coaches who are to blame for our poor performances? who'd have thunk?

Now? We’ve been saying it for months. 

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

In their best run of form in 25 years but still have the Holte End living rent free in their heads. 

Forever in our shadow. Sad bunch only where they are because of the Saudi money and good coaching. 

Deserved to lose for that second half performance. Newcastle benefited massively from VAR, but with some weeks of actual coaching and new additions we will be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from that, i've been saying for a while that teams in the Premier League are getting bigger and stronger and we are still relatively small and feeble.

The league said before the season that the refs were going to let more go this year, and they have. Some things that would have drawn a whistle last year are not drawing whistles. The definition of "shoulder to shoulder" charge is pretty broad right now. They're letting some hard bumps and some subtle pushes go. This favors strong and physical players. We're going to need physicality in the side.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Newcastle twitter admin adding salt in the wounds by posting a pic from the game with the caption 'Sob on the Tyne'. They seemed to have had this one circled from before. Ah well.

No more tears on the tyne just blood.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Spot On.

I just hope, we all leave this guy, to do what he has to do.

You can't  legislate for mental weakness. We create our own ill luck. Basic stuff like communication, I mean, you learn that at schoolboy level. It's so,so frustrating. 

• Like 1

As an optimist, I could careless about result. Hearing final whistle mean't the end of the God Awful Gerrard Era and the start of a new one with lots of promise. If it was just another manager, like Dyche, it would a cautious optimism but I'm really giddy about his arrival this week. Fresh new start for the entire squad to prove themselves infront of a multi-European trophy winner. Would be great to be at the training grounds next week just to see the change of atmosphere. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can say all you like about our players, they are no worse than that Newcastle team. The only difference is I saw is work rate. Newcastle never stopped, we gave it up in the second half, weather it was due to fitness, or discipline. I'm confident Emery will sort it, an if he can't, players will be replaced, as its gonna be hard to blame the manager this time!

We seemed out of energy by 60 minutes and couldn't get back to defend properly. Its understandable, as we have one of the lowest running stats in the league. Emery can easily sort this out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Who are you? 

Ok well let’s see how many of the present team last over the next 2-3 windows with Emery?

Emery isn’t going to stake his reputation on this lot, no way. 

Â