• Olsen (Martínez 35)
    • Ramset (Bailey 61)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 61)
    • McGinn (Dendoncker 69)
    • Digne (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/22 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some proper insane comments in the match thread. 

Many predicted we would have a tough time here and so it proved. 

But again I take positives. Like Man City we've shown in the first half we have the capability to match these top teams, at least for a while. 

We've played really well in spells against Man Citeh, Chelsea and now Newcastle. 

We've just last week hammered a team above us in the table. 

Let's examine the facts. 

We haven't won't at St James's Park for years, it's a proper bogey ground for us. 

Newcastle were 4th at the start of play and have been flying. 

We're under a caretaker who is miles away from being a proper manager.

We matched them, and in fact probably shaded the first half till undone by a penalty. 

Some of the VAR decisions looked well dodgy. 

Yes, heads dropped after the second went in but there is loads there for Emery to work with. The bones of a really good team are there. 

I hate that we collapsed but it's not the end of the world. Onwards to The Emery years. 

What's funny about my post @pacbuddies

I wasn't aiming for comedy 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Peak Villa to follow up best result of the season with the worst. McDonald all over again.

So what you are telling me is non-managers who are given the role for an interim period with less coaching staff tend to struggle….well you surprise me 😉😂 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Emery really has his work cut out to keep Villa in the Premiership and I’m not sure he’s good enough to do it?

Villa need a new midfield with the exception of Kamara. Defence needs a total rebuild and so does the forward line.

100m won’t do it in January. Double that will be needed for a new team and that won’t happen over just one window.

Very worrying times for the Villa.

Rubbish

• Like 1

Hope everyone else enjoyed the Newcastle United love in down those pesky rivers this afternoon, sickening! Thought first half was pretty even but then we capitulated. Danks breaks even and while it’s always rubbish to lose 4-0, today definitely felt like a Nether Zone performance. Looking forward to seeing what Unai brings next weekend!

CCFADA45-5EAB-4F37-B179-DD3B64C86C84.jpeg.bc275d3e6c8b92e9f6ae065a348cf4f0.jpeg

That match came down to a manger not seeing the writing on the wall. Young and Watkins should have been pulled at half time or soon afterwards. Buendia was getting nothing from ref who gave them everything,  which should have been a signal to take him off.  It’s not rocket science and I’m sure everyone watching thought the same. Working hard does not cut it in this league and I fear this was Gerard and todays performance downfall. 

I am hoping the new manger actually has a manager brain and sorts us out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I fear Newcastle is just like Man City all over again for us. In that they have started from a lower base and end up sailing way past us, with no hope in hell in catching up. Even with generous billionaire owners and a internationally respected coach due to come in.

I don’t know how other clubs find it so easy. Even with wealthy owners we manage to balls everything up.

• Like 2

Showing us how to do it. We are possibly less of a shambles than they were when Howe came in. It just shows what good coaching and some confidence does for a team. 

Emery will take time but Howe shows that he isn’t afraid to drop players. They look well drilled and hungry, and in not a vintage season, were briefly third. 

Excited by Emery, that’s how I will contextualise and deal with today. The slate is wiped and we now look forward.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Positives,

Emery has a clean slate to do what he wants, some of the favourites on here are being shown to be what they are, average footballers with no bottle.

Martinez, Dendonker and Mings all showed enough to be retained,. 

Cash and Konsa are not on it atm, but have shown enough previously that they are reasonable players.

Our 2 best players are out injured, so will be back.

Archer might be ok, Bailey is hot and cold. Its a no from me regarding Ings and Watkins.

Never have done, and never will rate Luiz, Ramsey needs dropping , McGinn needs a change. When fit, Kamara and Dendonker in midfield.

PC and Buendia, need better players, making better runs in front of them.

Noocastle are a good team, and atm Guimares is one of the best players in the Prem., with 2 good CHs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He in probably a dark room muttering wtf am I getting myself into.

Or alternatively muttering "I can change all of this.  Those poor fans have suffered enough.  They are going to treat me like a God". 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Emery really has his work cut out to keep Villa in the Premiership and I’m not sure he’s good enough to do it?

Villa need a new midfield with the exception of Kamara. Defence needs a total rebuild and so does the forward line.

100m won’t do it in January. Double that will be needed for a new team and that won’t happen over just one window.

Very worrying times for the Villa.

we would've gone down had Gerrard stayed the whole season. 

Also, we can't compare losing at Newcastle (who are currently 4th & have only lost once this year) with how the rest of our season will go. We comfortably beat a Brentford side who are above us in the table. Don't see Forest overtaking us, Wolves can't score and have an interm manager until 2023, Leeds might be sacking Marsch soon but their squad still isn't that good. 

• Like 1

It should be good therapy for me reading all the common-sense posts in this thread, which provide some reasoned and well thought-out perspective.

But I married to a ****ing Geordie, my phone won’t stop pinging with WhatsApp messages from the northern spunktrumpets, and it’s going to take me a long time to get over this.

Why do you do this to me Villa?

• Haha 1

Â