• Olsen (Martínez 35)
    • Ramset (Bailey 61)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 61)
    • McGinn (Dendoncker 69)
    • Digne (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/22 at 23:59

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

He couldn't change the personnel to any great shakes anyway, Dave, so I guess, he was stuck with it.

I am not blaming him, just observations......but while he is an attacking coach, by designation, they knew how to defend last week.

All coaches know how a football team, should look, even if they have designated roles....he's been around a bit.

I wasn’t particularly being critical, just pointing out that as an attacking coach he understandably leans towards an open style of play. I’m sure he understands that we have to defend as well as attack. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I wasn’t particularly being critical, just pointing out that as an attacking coach he understandably leans towards an open style of play. I’m sure he understands that we have to defend as well as attack. 

I know, neither me.

I think they was waiting for us to be so open.....and we fell in to the trap.

They are picking up wins for a reason, and anyone who cares to look for that reason will see it....They are extremely durable, robust and competitive....and when they secure the initiative, like they did against us, and the battle is won, they go about playing....and they can.

They have many things to be admired about their game, we have some too, but a few less.

Since these rule changes, they squeeze decisions out refs, by clattering challenges and they wear the opposition down, by their physical assault before they start the silkier skills.....we have a lot to learn.....They have players, who thrive, with that, we don't.

• Like 1

Having a lack of coaches during the week or on the side today really is no excuse for that second half display. The players need to take some responsibility. They are professional enough to put a real shift in and at least five or six didn’t do that second half.

As soon as the first went in we had lost the game. Any limited belief just drained from us but that second half was unacceptable.

Newcastle were very very good but also looked fitter, sharper and well drilled. They were first to everything, especially in the second half.

One to forget and move on. Emery needs to get into the players heads as well as coaching them. Mentally we’re shot and weak.

Decent 1st half, probably had the better of the chances around the box but the ball seemed to get caught under our players feet at the wrong time, then the penalty.......Young was isolated all game (Newcastle played some excellent diagonal balls that cut us in two), but we was unlucky to  go in 1 down. 

2nd half ........Watkins should have been brought off, he wasn't closing down and he was all ove the shop in possession. Beundia and Bailey all seem to want a touch to many when we are in decent possession. Substitute s....... Coutinho looked completely uninterested, could be Gerrards single most destructive moves towards our progression. Why wasn't Archer brought on for Watkins.........

Newcastle we matched them for much of the first half and then we just gave in. They are well drilled and play some nice football, hope they break the top 4 this season , good club and mostly great fans, 3-1.........my arse. Lol UTV . 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's even more annoying, is that you know Newcastle are just going to get better and better, especially with transfer windows.

2nd time we've been taken over before other clubs, stuttered and then gotten leapfrogged by more ruthless and efficient leaders.

But what gives me hope is: through hard work, good decisions and good coaching, Arsenal are fighting it out at the top of the league. It is still possible despite the mega money means of clubs like Man City and shortly, Newcastle. 

Not getting ahead of myself, but it is entirely plausible that Liverpool could shortly become an also ran, dropping down after a purple patch. We are aiming for that sub top three which is likely to be 5 teams, TBH the top 10 could be very, very competitive if we get our act together. I have to say the PL is so competitive these days, it’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but anyone still trying to put this down to just Gerrard is clutching.

Yes SG needed to go, and now we have a high pedigree Manager in.

If you think he will have watched that and not seen that some of these players simply aren't good enough to compete at a high level in the Premier League, you are going out of your way to be blind.

Some of the same players who got Deano sacked, are still weakest links.

This is a combination of grossly overrated players, poor Management and poor recruitment in some senses.

It's not just down to any one Manager, it's a combination of poor decisions from top to bottom.

As someone else pointed out, I don't think we need a " clearout " and full rebuild.

Similarly, to how McGinn has eventually been dropped, Ollie now 100 percent needs to become a bench player.

I genuinely think Keinan Davis is a better all round footballer than him.

January can't come soon enough.

If we performed like we did today in the first half, we probably beat alot of teams in the League.

But Newcastle exposed all our weaknesses.

A very powerful team.

Agree with everything else, but I sincerely think we need a full rebuild. That doesn't mean every player will be sold, but many should be. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Like I said before…. The squad is poor! Not premier league standard! 

Admitted a few aint gonna make it, but 4-0 to a decent Brentford, held Man City to a Draw. The team have it in them, just needs a change of culture, an it's true teams are getting tougher, unfortunately ours ain't.

Again, my official opinion:

Played well,
Mings, Luiz, and Martinez

Played OK,
Cash, Olsen, Dendoncker, Beundia, Ings

Did not play OK
Watkins, Young, Konsa.

Bailey was not quite average
Second half subs ... the game was over by the time they came on.

Problem is, three people playing well is not enough in the premier league.

Luiz is my player of the match and an honourable mention for Mings.

9 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Wonder what the lads are doing right now. Probably living it up, having a drink and not giving a shit. 

It’s not a crime to switch off after work, no matter what your job is. That doesn’t mean they don’t give a shit but you can’t expect them to sit at home in a hair shirt crying in the corner all night. 

30 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Again, my official opinion:

Played well,
Mings, Luiz, and Martinez

Played OK,
Cash, Olsen, Dendoncker, Beundia, Ings

Did not play OK
Watkins, Young, Konsa.

Bailey was not quite average
Second half subs ... the game was over by the time they came on.

Problem is, three people playing well is not enough in the premier league.

Luiz is my player of the match and an honourable mention for Mings.

Pretty accurate.

Â