• Olsen (Martínez 35)
    • Ramset (Bailey 61)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 61)
    • McGinn (Dendoncker 69)
    • Digne (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/22 at 23:59

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Voted Ings MOM cos the poor bastard had to spend 93mins with no hope of getting a sniff. 

Shocking 2nd half, VAR is a joke and I hope when they come to VP later in the season, Emery will have this lot sorted and we pump them. 

I must’ve missed something because I thought the VAR got everything right today?

Embarrassing.

Credit to the 12th man at St James' Park, the Toon Army, nice to see they are still absolute twunts, to a man. Imagine booing a player with concussion. Absolute scum.

As for the performance, I'm speechless. Created virtually nothing, couldn't finish our dinner when we did, can't defend for shit. Tactics not great either but he's not a manager in fairness.

Thanks Villa for shitting on another weekend 👍

• Like 1

We gave them as much time as they wanted on the ball. 

They harried the ball off us the second we had it (before we could boot it over the top).

The difference today was energy, desire, fight, confidence. They just weren't bothered.

So neither am I. Have got very bored of football. 

• Like 1

As the first half wore on we were tiring and lacking belief, and then the penalty.  Second half we came out already defeated. Very disappointing.

Newcastle were fitter and were in complete control that second half. Pace, power all over the pitch.

Two or three need to be ashamed of themselves, especially in that second half.

Lots for Emery to sort out and fast.

Losing there is no great surprise, we rarely do well there, but I didn’t think we’d get a walloping after last week’s much improved performance.  I suppose our away form has been abysmal all season though.  They are also now a very good side playing with a lot of confidence and we won’t be the last team to get a thumping there.

Difficult to pick a man of the match as they were mostly all so poor, but least bad was probably Mings, and Emi before he went off.    

Easier to pick standout losers.  

Watkins and Cash are nowhere near good enough footballers for the PLs top half, and need to be upgraded asap (mind you I would have said similar about Almiron until this season).   Young, for all his experience and recent good form, was run ragged today and made a stupid challenge for the penalty which started the rot.  Dougie started well but then seemed to give the ball away constantly. Ings, Bailey and Dendoncker disappeared some time during half time. Buendia got knocked off the ball way too easily every time.  Konsa was ok, nothing more – but should he have been marking Wilson for the headed goal?, Olsen had little chance with any of the goals.   

I think at home we’ll do ok, but Emery has some work to do to get some away performances out of this fragile lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sell Watkins tomorrow. He has no future at this club. Useless.  

I’ve always had hope for Cash but I’m starting to think that he is a little bit shite. 

Ings turns into Mr Invisible too many times but he and Cash have one more chance to turn it around under Emery. 

Players like Konsa and McGinn are just nothing players with no plus points, they are just ‘there’ and we should upgrade on them also and then get rid. 

Olsen is an awful back up keeper. Dreadful.

I don’t think we need a wholesale clear out but number one issue is Watkins. He needs to just get the **** away from here. He’s just pissing me off now.

I don’t envy the task Unai has on his hands if I’m honest. It’s going to take a gargantuan effort to get us into shape, I’m just glad we actually have a manager who is capable of doing it and not the fraud we just sacked.

Interesting times ahead 😐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â