• Olsen (Martínez 35)
    • Ramset (Bailey 61)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 61)
    • McGinn (Dendoncker 69)
    • Digne (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/22 at 23:59

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know how other clubs find it so easy. Even with wealthy owners we manage to balls everything up.

1 year out of 4/5 years have been ballsed up in reality.  Just the appointment of Gerrard was a mistake that set us back a year.  From bottom half of the Championship to the future we have is pretty damn good in the PL.  We have a good squad, a European trophy manager coming in, expanding the ground, brilliant training ground and great youth system.  Let’s see what Emery can do with a bit of time and hopefully the rest will come.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

am I reading things right from some posts, it's now the coaches or lack of coaches who are to blame for our poor performances? who'd have thunk?

You realise that we don't currently have a coaching set up - that we have a coach working as manager and training being taken by our set piece coach, our loan manager and the reserve goalkeeping coach right?

We also have a group of players that don't work well under their own motivation, they need a leader and they need one that brings the consequence of future sanction - for some, they had a day off today while they waited for the boss to start next week.

• Like 3

Thank f**k we have a guy coming in who actually puts coaching, fitness, mental and physical strength at the forefront. This lot have been too soft for too long, since Smith and his let's be pally approach and Gerrards, well I've no idea what his approach was but it certainly wasn't to have a plan of action that's for sure.

It'll take time but I'm confident Emery will sort this out to at least get some sort of resilience in them. We're severely brittle if we concede first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

oh I am sorry I thought it was just Gerrard that was to blame.

Gerrard was head coach of those coaches and directed them.  Of the 12 coaches, there are three left at the moment.  Emery comes in and builds his own coaching team.  I’m not understanding your point!  Surely you don’t think a week without Gerrard and suddenly all that coaching from the last year disappears? Surely you aren’t saying that.

40 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

We gave them as much time as they wanted on the ball. 

They harried the ball off us the second we had it (before we could boot it over the top).

The difference today was energy, desire, fight, confidence. They just weren't bothered.

So neither am I. Have got very bored of football. 

you mean that football....join the club.

This has been going on for too long...it has to change, UE has to be backed by everyone to change this.

There maybe unsavoury decisions, so what.....it has to change....and he has to be supported, to make the changes.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but anyone still trying to put this down to just Gerrard is clutching.

Yes SG needed to go, and now we have a high pedigree Manager in.

If you think he will have watched that and not seen that some of these players simply aren't good enough to compete at a high level in the Premier League, you are going out of your way to be blind.

Some of the same players who got Deano sacked, are still weakest links.

This is a combination of grossly overrated players, poor Management and poor recruitment in some senses.

It's not just down to any one Manager, it's a combination of poor decisions from top to bottom.

As someone else pointed out, I don't think we need a " clearout " and full rebuild.

Similarly, to how McGinn has eventually been dropped, Ollie now 100 percent needs to become a bench player.

I genuinely think Keinan Davis is a better all round footballer than him.

January can't come soon enough.

If we performed like we did today in the first half, we probably beat alot of teams in the League.

But Newcastle exposed all our weaknesses.

A very powerful team.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Peak Villa to follow up best result of the season with the worst. McDonald all over again.

Probably about the 59th false dawn I have seen at Villa. On paper we have  fairly decent squad for this division,  yet have largely been dogsh*t for well over a year. 

Players, managers,coach, recruitment, the whole culture at the club? I just don't know. Good luck on Emery in finding that out.

Ha, newbie!

I’m in triple figures at least for false dawns!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I said from the start the ref was going to give them everything and it worked out that way! Everything went their way today! 

Best of luck Unai! 

When the rules changed, in favour of physicality, and letting the game flow, we was slow to capitalise, like they have....we started well, but was clattered out of it, and they stopped us playing.

The ref, just let things go, and we are a side who need ref protection.......It needs a rebuild and a new approach, but UE has to be given licence to do it.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You realise that we don't currently have a coaching set up - that we have a coach working as manager and training being taken by our set piece coach, our loan manager and the reserve goalkeeping coach right?

We also have a group of players that don't work well under their own motivation, they need a leader and they need one that brings the consequence of future sanction - for some, they had a day off today while they waited for the boss to start next week.

Too easy to read too much into a defeat against a well coached, form team where we have a terrible away record at. Emery and his staff will get it right. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We also have a group of players that don't work well under their own motivation,

This is the reason what i have my biggest issue with. Gerrard was thrown under the bus, as was DS. Some players have been here too long, and are too comfortable, some have come for a payday. I honestly believe that we need to attract good players, with more importantly, winning  attitudes. Kamara and Carlos seem to have that, i'm struggling to think of any more.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Similarly, to how McGinn has eventually been dropped, Ollie now 100 percent needs to become a bench player.

I genuinely think Keinan Davis is a better all round footballer than him.

Davis has a much better first touch and control.  He was slated for not scoring enough, and getting injured too often.  But when fit but he's excellent at holding the ball up and linking with other players up front.  I'd take that over a non-scoring Watkins with the technique of one-legged giraffe any day of the week. 

• Like 1

What's even more annoying, is that you know Newcastle are just going to get better and better, especially with transfer windows.

2nd time we've been taken over before other clubs, stuttered and then gotten leapfrogged by more ruthless and efficient leaders.

46 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

we didn't play well, but they are so well coached and mentally together that it was always going to be an uphill task. Especially with a caretaker in charge. 

They were giving the ball away,to us,  regularly, before their penalty, and we was playing the better football, ( we can when we're allowed to), but they were gradually muscling there way back in, and off the ball our savvy and discipline disappeared...we were getting shoved around too easily.

They clattered and closed us down, to steal the initiative and then we went like a pack of cards......we were also slow to react properly to the long ball in to the corners, just allowing  them to get behind our defence.

It was woeful really....could have been 6/7

Well, that's over thank god. I hope the players are ready for Emery because he isn't going to put up with that week in week out. It is safe to say that some are not going to make it at Villa, and the owners are going to have to spend quite a bit more to replace those players not making the grade. 

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

This is the reason what i have my biggest issue with. Gerrard was thrown under the bus, as was DS. Some players have been here too long, and are too comfortable, some have come for a payday. I honestly believe that we need to attract good players, with more importantly, winning  attitudes. Kamara and Carlos seem to have that, i'm struggling to think of any more.

We haven’t really seen much of Carlos attitude yet - not playing in games like this really benefits your reputation. I was almost starting to miss McGinn today, that’s how depressing it was.

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ahh well, didn’t expect much different.  Newcastle flying, at home against a managerless Villa who has the ability to play but are like Jekyll and Hyde.  Until Emery gets his hands into them it’s always going to be the same and likely early into his reign until his ideas are in there.  

Peeved off today but after the Brentford game I was a bit worried people might get too excited.  We are still the same side that has been poor under Gerrard.  Today is one to forget.

Now the new era starts from Tuesday under Emery and we need him to work his magic quickly because it’s a big ship to turn around.

But we have to let the man rebuild.....I don't want to hear from whinging players.

Without the ball , we are like a championship team.

Â