Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

Just now, Farlz said:

It's the worst City have played in a long, long time. This is the fluke result I was concerned might happen.

He'll have bought himself another few games now so we're just going to have to suck it up. 

It's hard for any side to be motivated against Villa ATM 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Man City were absolutely terrifying today, the first half was the best I have seen Man City play. They would have ripped apart another relegation zone premier league team with another 6 nil.

Full credit to Gerrard and the players for weathering that storm. Now they know they can go toe to toe with the best team in the league who are playing at their best. 

Thats got to be a huge boost to everyone.

Finally! I thought I was going mad reading over posters comments on here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

It was a goal. 2-1 Villa & media sensation. Instead, disgraceful match officials. Corrupt top 6 bias. Even if it had been offside (it wasn't) the flag & whistle would have been withheld for ANY other team.

This is the frustrating thing. I thought they were told to not flag and whistle and let it play on if anything near to a goal scoring chance and then let VAR clear it up after the fact.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm actually shocked how many fans have turned just because of a draw against a poor Man City team. 99% were calling for his head a minute before the game.

It's still 3 wins in 15, we are still 2nd from bottom on points, an we still have the manager who has proved he does not have the experience or knowledge to take us forward.

A poor Man City team? 

2 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I remain to be convinced if he lucked into that midfield setup through literally having exhausted all of his other options that he thought would work, or if it was by design… but I’ll be damned if I’m going to criticize it.

Felt like we were solid in the middle for the first time under Gerrard - maybe a little exaggeration. But it worked.

Got to stick with that setup until it’s not working again. Very competent and solid.

I pray that Bailey stays fit - I think he could become a Villa legend…

We were brilliant all over the pitch, everyone worked for it with no passengers. String a few more together like that and most people will be happy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Finally! I thought I was going mad reading over posters comments on here. 

Its not just me mate, the commentators over here were saying the same thing. Man City were terrifyingly good and on top form. Gerrard out thought Pep and our players wanted it more.

I will take that all day long.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, IrishVillain said:

Gerrard saying "we took some more technical players out today" seems an unnecessary dunk on the three up top, Bailey is an excellent technician. 

Why does he say stuff like this? It's just needless bashing of players every match. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

It's the worst City have played in a long, long time. This is the fluke result I was concerned might happen.

He'll have bought himself another few games now so we're just going to have to suck it up. 

It wasn't a fluke. We had some luck, as *all* teams do when they get a result off City. But most neutrals watching that game will say we played pretty well.

That doesn't mean I think Gerrard is the future, but I'm much more comfortable with him getting until at least the World Cup now. I'm less worried about us getting relegated with him at the helm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

I know mate.  I’m sorry.

Sometimes you just assume that the person you’re talking to understands things to a certain level.

Anyway, the Cash yellow will have been for wasting time by taking too long to get off the field of play.  Ref had already come across and asked him to get off once, and he’s still just waking very slowly.

Form my perspective I just see someone trying to combative. I was under the assumption when the flag goes up the ref blows the whistle because I’ve never seen a ref not blow the whistle in that situation. I’ll gladly admit I was wrong about the rule and I am sorry I was being a wiseass with you. 

I appreciate the explanation for the Cash call. Had no idea what happened but got a alert on my phone he was carded. Thought I missed him cutting out Fodens legs or something.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'll have to see it again, but had the players stopped before Coutinho hit the ball?

To be fair…they did. The goalie barely moved and the player tracking stopped. It also hit stones’ face on the way through. No guarantee it would have been a goal but the principle that they didn’t play on still stands. Crap linesman call and Very strange decision against them yet again.

Â