Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'll have to see it again, but had the players stopped before Coutinho hit the ball?

Kind of, but only after he'd gone past them. Noone was blocking the shot even if they'd carried on playing...imho

I should be feeling happy about that performance (and I am really) but right now I feel so angry about the disallowed goal. Imagine how buzzing we would be now if we had actually beaten them, which would have been a bit cheeky but by no means undeserved.

Think we started showing all our recent lack of confidence and consequentlY allowed ourselves to be bullied in midfield and spent the first 35 minutes chasing the game and waiting for City to score, but started to put a counterattacking game together for the last 10 minutes of the first half and were much more of a proposition in the second.

Oddly, the change in attitude and approach coincided with Young coming on for Cash. Ashley was brilliant today, barely put a foot wrong and used all his experience and skill in a way that seemed to inspire the rest of them a little bit. He wins my MOTM for that, although that is desperately unfair on Ollie Watkins, who also put in an excellent shift. 

Let’s hope they can take some of this into the next match.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Ashley Young played absolutely fantastic showed everything …. Watkins played excellent too, mings was extremely vocal and showed brilliant leadership… right at the end we could have went for the win with that last break but instead ended up passing back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'll have to see it again, but had the players stopped before Coutinho hit the ball?

I don't think they had but the goal can't be given once the whistle. They will be turning off mentally if not physically, it was only about 1 second after the whistle that Couts scored

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That’s so frustrating.

Can you also explain why Cash was giving a yellow for “leaving the field of play?” Or whatever that call was.

Wow 😂😂😂

Ok this makes things a little clearer now.

I’m sorry for arguing with you.

I’ll Clean your helmet and sharpen your crayons for you as a goodwill gesture.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We know the lino raised his flag. We know the ref blew his whistle. We know they jointly failed to follow the laws of the game in doing so. 

Whatever else happened , they majorly screwed up at a pivotal point. Again.

The bias that goes against us is beyond a joke. I think we've more than compensated for the ghost goal e benefitted from (and in fact, we were already owed a goal thanks to the lansbury/grealish incident). 

When do we start getting the corrupt decisions go our way?

We should know our place. How dare Villa interrupt their Haaland sized circle jerk.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KitKat said:

The point isn't that VAR can't check because the ref already stopped play, the point is the ref shouldn't have stopped the play in the first place then have it checked after the fact. I thought that would be obvious?

But he stopped play as the linesman had his flag up. It's actually not the referees fault with this. It's a **** up by the linesman. Oops, I mean assistant referee.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That’s so frustrating.

Can you also explain why Cash was giving a yellow for “leaving the field of play?” Or whatever that call was.

Cash was supposed to walk off at the closest touchline ive never seen another player booked for that

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

You’re genuinely hilarious.

YOU were wrong.  Arguing with me about a fact. And then tell me I should’ve posted the rules here for you?

Anyway leave it there.

You’re clearly a little lacking in the IQ department.

Lol you could’ve just avoided all this drama by explaining it. Oh well. Maybe the next mistake you’ll do better.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ashley Young played absolutely fantastic showed everything …. Watkins played excellent too, mings was extremely vocal and showed brilliant leadership… right at the end we could have went for the win with that last break but instead ended up passing back 

Yes, Watkins was very good, forgot to mention him in my post...he held up the ball well, played his role well.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Doesn’t matter unfortunately because as soon as the ref has blown his whistle the game is dead.You probably can’t blame the ref, he saw the flag raised and he wouldn’t have the same angle. The basic error was with the linesman.

Â