Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/22 at 22:59

Just now, El Segundo said:

Cabbage time, surely

Banana skins I reckon. Two crap teams today , we will both be in the bottom 6 if things stay the same. Heard some boos at the end, couple more home defeats and it will be hostile.

Did he get booed?

This is a team that has relegation written all over it at the moment, cannot create, cannot keep clean sheets, no leadership, Kamara is the only one who looks like he cares.

Big week for Aston Villa Football Club and the right decisions simply have to be made now

• Like 1

We just look utterly clueless, like we are not coached, what is our style of play, our identity, I can’t see purslow sacking him as that is an admittance of his own failure so we will just fight with relegation. This game had nothing to do with our defensive weakness, it was down to lack of inventiveness up front.

Shocking subs 

People were saying at half time that West Ham would be asking questions of Moyes as to why things were so bad and that we were in control of the game.

I said West Ham knew exactly what they were doing, there was a game plan being executed and they would catch us on the break second half and win.

Lo and behold. If I can see it, and it's plain as day, how could Steven not? Dirt manager. We're going down if we stick with him. 

• Like 2

This will be my only post on the matter but some quick thoughts and why we hit so many brick walls:

We controlled the first half and the corner non-goal was a big struck of bad luck.

After 60 minutes we didn't have enough to threaten, the successes were neutralised, and whilst the goal was a huge slice of luck, we didn't have the impetus to break them down (which isn't solely a Gerrard problem FWIW). We are not very good at that - my overall concern is the lackadaisical tactical approach.

I am not a reactionary, nor one to easily change opinions with the wind, I just don't think we will see the progress we want.

On a different day we win this, sadly it wasn't to be.

I think the board did right sacking Smith and I think they need to be equally brave. But they need to bring in someone with fresh ideas - at least we have Critchley to occupy in the short term.

We aren't in danger of relegation by any stretch, it's just the meandering that compells change at this point.

I'm out

UTV.

Edited by The_Steve

Set up not to lose, played with zero risk, played with no ambition, played with no style ..... must have been playing away to Man City ..... right ?

A blend of SmithBall and BruceBall. Gerrard out !

Edited by Paul33

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Oh shit, got a feeling I am going to be spending a lot of time in the relegation thread this season. 

When You look at the matches we’ve got coming up, it’s hard not to feel pure unadulterated fear.

Sure but at least we dont have Smith as manager so can be happy at least about that 😉

Thought when Smith went he had lost the plot and now I feel Gerrard has. West Ham were there for the taking and yet we lacked any idea how to break them down. Why he took Luiz off instead of McGinn. I dont know. Digne had bailed him out after a Gerrard like slip not long before. i know the goal was lucky but we didnt deserve to win the game either. Like he was happy to get a point. Whats the point of not loaning our Archer when he doesnt give him a chance.  Throws him on with 3 minutes to go what a joke. 

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Did he get booed?

This is a team that has relegation written all over it at the moment, cannot create, cannot keep clean sheets, no leadership, Kamara is the only one who looks like he cares.

Big week for Aston Villa Football Club and the right decisions simply have to be made now

Fans booed him as they left the pitch.

• Like 2

Moyes makes a change at half time to affect the game, and West Ham come out a better team. Gerrard just does like-for-like changes in a system that isn't working. 

He is out of his depth. He really really needs to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

We were sort of in control. Then Gerrard took of Luiz and it the result was as everybody feared. What was he thinking, does he try to get sacked, to get the payout?

Such a lazy sub. McGinn would've been far more logical given Ramsey wants to constantly drive forward and leave gaps.

Then McGinn gets taken off right at the end after 20 minutes of barely touching the ball, couldn't make it up. Well you can in guide to football management for dummies in which Gerrard will have a foreword very shortly.

• Like 1

Â