Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/22 at 22:59

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

No professional player at this level cramps up on 60 minutes ..... what is that about ?  He is way out of his depth at this level. He has the skills but the legs won't carry him and he just can't cope with anything other than a cameo performance !

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Bruce had us in a mess but we waited until his replacement was pretty much in place before pulling the trigger. Dean was looking lost for a while but we didn’t let him go before we had his, admittedly poor replacement ready to go. I can’t imagine we aren’t actively trying to find a replacement. If Purslow delays too long or gets the next appointment wrong again then he’ll be on thin ice too. 

I think Purslow knows he was the one that brought in Gerard, if Stevie goes he needs to go too. 

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

No professional player at this level cramps up on 60 minutes ..... what is that about ?  He is way out of his depth at this level. He has the skills but the legs won't carry him and he just can't cope with anything other than a cameo performance !

Really? No professional player gets cramps after 60 minutes of running around? We also don’t know actually know what happened to him, it could’ve been a groin or hamstring injury.

• Confused 1

He won’t be sacked until at least after Arsenal and City skin us.  I think depending on how dire those losses are, he’ll be given a game or two after that, but if he doesn’t turn it around there Wes will pick up the phone to Purslow if he hasn’t already cut him loose.  

• Like 1

Clear as day what was going to happen around the 55 minute mark. Coutinho was absolutely gassed after the first half and nothing - West Ham made subs to change things while Gerrard stood there like a suede-headed lemon.

Then his inaction led to Coutinho getting injured due to being so tired, so he's finally forced into a change. He also decides to take off a bright spark in Luiz instead of his bizarre choice for captain who had been pretty much useless all game. 

He has absolutely no idea how to change things up and based on the way we were operating in the last ten minutes, the players don't want to play for him either.

He has to go. 

• Like 2

We are so easy to defend against. I’ve given this guy so much leeway but the system is **** shit and ain’t gonna change.  That’s a West Ham team that was bricking it and probably happy with a draw yet they looked so comfortable. 

My blind faith has gone. Get rid now.

I’m DE box today behind away fans. What a odious bunch they were, abusing children and asking a 15 year old girl to get her t**s out!! Most unpleasant away fans I’ve seen. 

From a football perspective we look clueless. Same old points about McGinn, no fluidity at all, and endless crosses they Zouma and Co mopped up with ease. 

Gerard completely out of his depth

Edited by ThornburyVilla
  • Shocked 1

West Ham knew exactly what to do, sit back first half, conserve their energy after playing Thursday keep it nil nil. Then step up 2nd half and dominate. Chances will come when we try to push. Could see it coming a mile off.

Even if I don't agree with changes / line ups they should at least be for a reason. I just don't see what our plan is to beat anyone.

Really wanted this to work but time is up I'm afraid. 

Â