Pre-match thread

Wainy316

21 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Checked some West Ham forums, Moyes isn’t exactly loved right now.

If he carries on playing the same way,there is not a chance in hell.
Dosen't he realise,we have been found out the way we have been playing.It's not like we try and have a go?We just sit back and wait and try and hit Antonio and Bowen or try and get a set piece.There is nothing else to our game.I watched the 2 other games today.Newcastle gave it a real go today against City.What a brilliant game to watch.Throughly enjoyable.Leeds took it to Chelsea and demolished them.Us v City,the biggest bore I have seen for a while.City playing like they were having a kick about with the young kids at the club.That was embaressing,when you watched how Newcastle played especially.No wonder there is no conifedence in the team?
IF Moyes carries with this negativity,nevermind not getting results,he needs to leave.Put Warburton in charge till Christmas.”

Have to say one of the worst and inept displays from this football club and I’ve seen some **** shit over the years.
Zouma plays like a patient with **** club feet 
Soucek is a total embarrassment on the **** pitch
Fabianski too **** old
Antonio two bob
Bowen **** woeful 
Rice seems disinterested never thought I’d say that 
Lanzini what a **** joke he is
Fornals runs around a bit but does the square root of **** all.
Cresswell needs replacing pronto 
Coufal needs replacing got his feet under the table for decent money now don’t give a ****
Give the new fellas a bit more time but I can see them getting pissed off big time the way this clown keeps playing the same **** way week after week so predictable it’s **** embarrassing.
We will be in deep shit in the next month or so.
You can’t even make excuses for the words removed
**** dogshit.”

My real fear here is that I’m not sure Gerrard will have “found out” the way they’ve been playing and be able to capitalise on it. 

Whereas we’ve shown we’re easily found out by the likes of Bournemouth who comfortably beat us. Moyes must be licking his lips at the prospect of facing us to turn their fortunes around. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which claret and blue you supporting? Be honest. No judgment. 

Come on @Vive_La_Villa Aston Villa of course. I just want us to go out there with a plan, a idea of a way of playing, commitment, no mistakes, passion, energy. Its not always about the results its also the performances.

Do I think Gerrard's Villa can beat Moyes West Ham? No. 

• Like 1

Last week they won 3-1 in Europe against Viborg and went on to lose 0-2 at home against Brighton. They have consistently proved they can not handle playing in Europe and the PL at the same time.

Wet Spam are a bit of a bogey team for Villa over the years; anyone remember watching Harewood score a hat-trick against us? That was grim!

Anyhow both teams will be desperate for points. Personally I think we have a better team but a draw seems likely however if we play well and click we should win!

If you are reading this and one of the LUCKY ones to get to go, please support them loud and proud.

Come on the Villa!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
Typo

He must start Kamara, Douglas Luiz, Buendia and Bailey on Sunday.

If he does that, and we look like a coherent team with a plan, even I'd give him a breather for a bit.

Chance of either/both of those things happening? This is about his last chance to realise who his best players are, so let's hope he finally sees it.

This is such a massive game given the fixtures that follow it.

Lose this and there's a good chance we lose the next two as well. 

3 points from 6 games would be a disaster of a start and surely Gerrard would be gone.

If we win Sunday though I'm hoping it'll give us a bit of a bounce and even if we get 1 or 2 points from the two games that follow things would be looking a lot better.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He really doesn’t have a clue… after all this time he does not know who his best players are, what his best side is, what the best system/formation is… it’s shocking really.

We seem to change it for every game… hoping that we stumble upon the right formula… how is that effective management?

Even players who play well are dropped for the next game?

And when we win a game, we don’t see the same side or setup for the following game?

It’s a shambles really, a mess…

It needs sorting out asap or it’s going to be a really shit season again…

If we somehow miraculously best West Ham and he survives the weekend i will be surprised.

I have zero confidence in his ability as a manager.

Edited by AshVilla

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well we know Bowen will score so we’ll definitely need two goals at least to win.

I’m not confident, we’ve been largely terrible against West Ham since we got promoted.

Add a Digne own goal, so it will have to be 3-2

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If we somehow miraculously best West Ham and he survives the weekend i will be surprised.

I have zero confidence in his ability as a manager.

If we are embarrassed in that game, how much more can we all endure? Including the owners?

I really want to beat them, I desperately do… if we can get some confidence and momentum then we can give even the big teams a proper game…

We need to get out of this rut somehow…

That’s the most important thing right now, even more to an getting rid of the manager but I suspect that that will be the only option or solution…

I don’t like disruption or upheaval but there are times when that is the only available remedy…

West Ham 0 goals 0 points so obviously they couldn’t have picked a better team to play against this weekend

Not got any confidence in this game, think West Ham have battered us on the last 2 visits to Villa park and the way we are defending atm, especially from set pieces, I can see West Ham getting some joy against us

Was nice to get a win of some sort in mid-week but that first half against Bolton was worrying, it will probably be the same team that plays this game and West Ham won’t run out of steam

The way it’s going I think Villa need to score at least twice just to draw a game of football, I’m going for a comfortable West Ham win unfortunately and Gerrard to be under more pressure next week .

• Like 1