Pre-match thread

Wainy316

think they will beat us 3-1, they just have to much strength and height in the team and i feel like they will badly expose our formation with their pace, similar to the way they did last october under Deano. Whatever the personnel, its one team we just cannot find a way to beat. The last time i saw us beat them was under Lambert i think with an n'zogbia freekick

If I truly knew what we needed to do to win, I would be sending long emails to the coaching staff and cashing big cheques. I really don't know, and I'm not going to pretend I do. Glad we have Kamara and Luiz and Mings and Emi as I think we we need to play a very physical match for this one. We need tonnes more creativity. If Coutinho is on there, I think he needs to be given a chance and space to express himself as a player, because he seems at his best when he's making magic on the ball and landing slide rules to forwards,  but I don't know. I feel nervous about McGinn. There was a lot of dissatisfaction with him from fans in the Cup tie. It makes me wonder. I'm impressed with Digne. He makes blunders, but he's amazing, too, and can score sometimes. We NEED players like Bailey and Buendia and Watkins to step up and bring that creativity we know that's in them.
giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I think McGinn and Ings are the only two up for debate in that lineup.

Agreed. I just don’t see who replaces McGinn - I’d rather a battler in there and to be fair to McGinn he gets stuck in. I suspect he will start Watkins, but I’d much rather Ings as his goal contribution ratio to minutes played is pretty good. 

10 hours ago, Villa87 said:

For me i’d go:

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Luiz Kamara McGinn

Bailey Buendia

Ings

Digne is completely out of form so Gerrard might need to make the call on starting Augustinsson.

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Digne is completely out of form so Gerrard might need to make the call on starting Augustinsson.

Agreed - not seen enough of Augustinsson. Really unimpressed by Digne. Defensively suspect and struggled to make 10 yard passes further forward. 

Beating League 1 Bolton is good for the players confidence, mood and momentum going into the West Ham game. 

Lose to West Ham though and well, nothings changed, the same frustrations and negativity all come right back to the surface. Big game this one. 

• Like 1

Yea West Ham really does have to be the game which determines whether he stays or goes. There is no point in holding out for another 10 games. So so important now in my view. If we are losing that with just a few mins to go, the fans need to voice it at VP.