Pre-match thread

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wish we went for the profile of player West Ham do. The size of their squad is huge, who’ve they signed this season? Kehrer, Paqueta, Scamacca- all big 6footers. Now going for 6”5 Hans Vanaken. Its a clear tactic to have units to bully teams and it works in the Prem. How we havent addressed this in 3/4 years is limiting us in these sort of games. Its often a game of margins, set pieces, all those old clichés; and its true. We have watched West Ham beat us consistently the last couple of years- even that game we absolutely dominated them we ended up losing because we couldnt finish our dinner and they lump 2 balls into the box for 2 headers.

Taking a different perspective: if their tactic is bullying it hasn’t really worked lately. Since Christmas their PPG is as bad as ours. So it’s definitely not impossible to deal with them just because they’re big. Other teams, more tactically drilled, have won against them easily.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Cash           Chambers            Mings            Digne

Kamara      

McGinn                         Ramsey

Coutinho 

Ings                      Watkins                

Squad fixed for you, we all know Gerrard will go with this

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Squad fixed for you, we all know Gerrard will go with this

Close, but I believe SG goes with this. A win is needed so time for the diamond again but with Bailey/Watkins for pace against WH. Luiz rewarded for cheeky goal last time but is first to get subbed. Konsa back in since Chambers actually set a foot wrong against Bolton.

Martinez

Cash           Konsa             Mings            Digne

Kamara       
               McGinn                           Luiz

Coutinho 

Bailey                      Watkins          

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Close, but I believe SG goes with this. A win is needed so time for the diamond again but with Bailey/Watkins for pace against WH. Luiz rewarded for cheeky goal last time but is first to get subbed. Konsa back in since Chambers actually set a foot wrong against Bolton.

Martinez

Cash           Konsa             Mings            Digne

Kamara       
               McGinn                           Luiz

Coutinho 

Bailey                      Watkins          

Konsa is a disaster TBH. He will guarantee the opposition a goal. As much as I would love to see Luiz play but Gerrard is too stubborn and will most likely carry on with Ramsey and McGinn in midfielder!

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Konsa is a disaster TBH. He will guarantee the opposition a goal. As much as I would love to see Luiz play but Gerrard is too stubborn and will most likely carry on with Ramsey and McGinn in midfielder!

I agree on Konsa but SG seems to think highly of him still.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Especially if it's a shit performance... I think it might be finger on the trigger time...

I’m desperate for a win, would love to beat the Hammers…

No one is enjoying this crap, we need a lift asap…

Confidence and momentum can help us so much…

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If we’re still on 3 points after 6 games… what’s the verdict?

Must win game considering we then go into back to back games against City/Arsenal.

Anything less than 3 points against a team at home with the worst form in the league would be unacceptable.

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Taking a different perspective: if their tactic is bullying it hasn’t really worked lately. Since Christmas their PPG is as bad as ours. So it’s definitely not impossible to deal with them just because they’re big. Other teams, more tactically drilled, have won against them easily.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

I despair at some of the content of this thread . Just hope the mood don’t find it’s way into VP tomorrow, and make the atmosphere even more toxic than usual. 

There is Always Hope this is a exciting time to be a villa fan I’ll be in the Holt singing for a tight Villa Win . 

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I despair at some of the content of this thread . Just hope the mood don’t find it’s way into VP tomorrow, and make the atmosphere even more toxic than usual. 

There is Always Hope this is a exciting time to be a villa fan I’ll be in the Holt singing for a tight Villa Win . 

Good for you. Enjoy it I’m happy for you. Genuinely. Others think we are crap. 

West Ham are rock bottom of the table, they are pointless and goalless, from their three games to date. The same could be the case on Sunday night with Villa in the top half of the league. Just saying....;) We do owe them one! 

On "Knees Up Mother Brown" despite their current league form, only a couple of people mention the prospect of a draw and just one a defeat. They hang on to last season's result and expect an easy win. Comments include:

"Scamacca an unknown quantity in the league so let's unleash him against a team like Villa that Palace just scored three against."

"Another team I have a (somewhat) irrational dislike for - I just hope we beat them easily, and I feel like we will."

"I bloody hate Villa."

"think its time to finish Tyrone Mings villa career with a scammacca hat trick".

Let's stuff those comments back down their throats tomorrow, lets see Moyes whinging once again after the game and win this one for Zouma's cats!!!

image.jpeg.b70d21f5829d14b72884973532254e36.jpeg

• Like 3