Pre-match thread

Wainy316

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know what I mean. It’s game we should be winning. I’ll just about forgive the poor away performances so far if we batter them.

I am trying to be funny here, killjoy. 😅

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dan Rolinson from Claret and Blue.

"I don't know if it's just me, but I feel very disengaged with the club at the moment"

If we lose to West Ham it's probably best to just take a break from Villa. Just check the scores and not let it impact your weekends anymore 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the crowd will play a part on Sunday. Look at how much they pumped up Leeds and Newcastle. Was 12th man stuff.

I think Gerrard needs to play a big part in giving the crowd something to cheer. 

If we play anything like we did against Bournemouth or Palace, there will be booing by half time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Lose on Sunday and VP will turn for sure.

100%. I will not be happy at all if we lose this game.   

I’ve also seen talk about sneaking in cabbages on Reddit. Whilst it’s probably just talk, if someone does actually sneak one in and we are losing… it’s going to cheer me up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

100%. I will not be happy at all if we lose this game.   

I’ve also seen talk about sneaking in cabbages on Reddit. Whilst it’s probably just talk, if someone does actually sneak one in and we are losing… it’s going to cheer me up!

Salads will be salads

Its a must win for me. We have to show strong home form if we’re to stay up at this rate because those 2 showings on the road have been shambolic.

West Ham have started poorly after 2 good seasons under Moyes. Just signed Emerson from Chelsea. Apathy has set in early for me after the crap ive seen so far and I just dont see us getting anything. Moyes has our number; he has a physical side who will be well up for their trip to B6 to bully their favourite opponents, a bunch of walkovers who wouldnt meet the height requirements to ride a rollercoaster. 4 wins in a row against us is embarrassing enough, and I dont see that sequence ending here. Kamara the only difference to our side and it makes no difference, we get walked through in midfield still with the way we set up. Praying for a performance to change my mindset about Villa right now but its all very negative again atm.

1-3

• Like 1

It will be a tough game, West Ham have 0 points but they've had an element of bad luck where we've been just complete shite.

They've played City, Forest where they could have scored 4 or 5 but lost and Brighton who they can never seen to beat.

They are still creating chances are are still dangerous at set pieces which we can't defend at all. Guaranteed to concede at least one goal from a corner.

16 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

It will be a tough game, West Ham have 0 points but they've had an element of bad luck where we've been just complete shite.

They've played City, Forest where they could have scored 4 or 5 but lost and Brighton who they can never seen to beat.

They are still creating chances are are still dangerous at set pieces which we can't defend at all. Guaranteed to concede at least one goal from a corner.

They will just put Scamacca on Konsa

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He really needs something v West Ham. Can't go into week seven only having three points.

He needs something against Bolton first.  We have to beat Bolton and I’m sure we will but it’s a no win situation for Villa because if we win it’s expected but if we lose…

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He needs something against Bolton first.  We have to beat Bolton and I’m sure we will but it’s a no win situation for Villa because if we win it’s expected but if we lose…

giphy.gif

These games can be very tricky. There will probably be 11 players who have never really played much together against a team desperate for a scalp. Not sure on the situation at Bolton but if they play their strongest team they’ll fancy an upset.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Should be OK I think.

Bolton are a nice passing league one side, not some big cloggers. If we play the "reserves" that should have been in the PL XI for the last few weeks, we'll see them off without too many issues I think.

One guy who shouldn't play is Nakamba because he won't help us keep the ball.

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He really needs something v West Ham. Can't go into week seven only having three points.

Perfect timing, West Ham will be extremely fired up to get their first 3 points after a dissappinting start.

They're coming to the right place 🙃

Samacca probably to bag his first hat trick as well.

• Sad 1

Think Moyes will be happy with first point of the season and Gerrard will be happy not to lose at home so 1-1.

West Ham despite their poor start could easily turn us over as even in good form we always struggle to counter their physicality and direct play and we've been weak v those elements already this season.

He has to play 4-2-3-1 here and start likes of Chambers and Luiz just to give us a more balanced 11.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think Moyes will be happy with first point of the season and Gerrard will be happy not to lose at home so 1-1.

We could do with the win, they could do with the win.

Seems a perfect scenario for a draw and no one being happy.

• Like 1