Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Im sorry I appear to have logged into a teenage twitter feud 🤣🤣🤣

On topic, if the manager feels he is not the right fit after talking to him, best we didnt sign him. 

More concerning is why we bid for a player manager didnt want

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gordy said:

Im sorry I appear to have logged into a teenage twitter feud 🤣🤣🤣

On topic, if the manager feels he is not the right fit after talking to him, best we didnt sign him. 

More concerning is why we bid for a player manager didnt want

getting back OT, these are very good points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshie2000 said:

The haters will use anything to beat the manager with,  if he had signed they'd be saying total waste,  if Gerrard or us pulled plug due to crazy demands or player attitude then,  the same haters scream manager not good enough. 

Seems our haters are like the left wing liberals,  changing there mind to suit there hatred/argument 

Yeah we are all haters. Won 3 in the last 14 games with Gerrard in charge, I just can't bring myself to find the love he is due for treating us fans with those stats.

• Like 1

I'm really disappointed by this, he was one of the players I most of all wanted us to get, and it seemed like it would mean we could revert to playing with wide forwards.

Perhaps it's as simple as Sarr speaking to Gerrard and asking what his plans was for him, where he would play and in what formation, and Gerrard perhaps couldn't give satisfactory answers.

If I was a wide forward, neither I would fancy signing for a team that doesn't play with wide forwards, and where there already is another player who cost more playing that position.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm really disappointed by this, he was one of the players I most of all wanted us to get, and it seemed like it would mean we could revert to playing with wide forwards.

Perhaps it's as simple as Sarr speaking to Gerrard and asking what his plans was for him, where he would play and in what formation, and Gerrard perhaps couldn't give satisfactory answers.

If I was a wide forward, neither I would fancy signing for a team that doesn't play with wide forwards, and where there already is another player who cost more playing that position.

Or maybe the player and his agent were demanding to much,  especially for someone that hasn't got the greatest record in the Premier league. 

Bit like Carney,  went to Chelsea as he was going to get more chance of 1st time football,  and can't even make the bench,  this collapsed down to money,  either players wage demand or agent fees. 

We have so many bedwetters on here just looking to have a dig at the manager or board/owners. 

Read his topic,  most were saying waste of money on a position we didn't need or worth it then as soon as deal stops,  it's all the. Managers fault. 

I've even seen people saying we should get all our business done before. Preseason and if not and we sign on deadline day it's panic buying,  like football transfers are as easy in real life as they are on football manager

1 minute ago, Joshie2000 said:

Or maybe the player and his agent were demanding to much,  especially for someone that hasn't got the greatest record in the Premier league. 

Bit like Carney,  went to Chelsea as he was going to get more chance of 1st time football,  and can't even make the bench,  this collapsed down to money,  either players wage demand or agent fees. 

We have so many bedwetters on here just looking to have a dig at the manager or board/owners. 

Read his topic,  most were saying waste of money on a position we didn't need or worth it then as soon as deal stops,  it's all the. Managers fault. 

I've even seen people saying we should get all our business done before. Preseason and if not and we sign on deadline day it's panic buying,  like football transfers are as easy in real life as they are on football manager

I agree, and I was of course just speculating. Deals are so complicated that many things may go wrong. And another thing that contributes to the confusion is all the rumours and social media speculation, it would have been another thing if the club went out and said a deal was done and then back tracked, but now it has just been rumours, we really have no clue at what stage the transfer was.

Another thing about Sarr I have thought about is why no other club has bought him earlier, perhaps other clubs have walked away of the same reason we did (whatever it was, wage/agent fees as you mention).

Whatever the reason, makes me sad as I really wanted him.

Serious question - would he have got game time under Gerrard ? I am really not sure he would have, so this begs the question why let Bertie go - when surely he could have served the team in equal measures to Sarr and not cost us a penny.

This just seems odd all round for me.

• Like 2

Â